Stolen Timberwolf

patrickosborne

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a decline in the UK market, I find it hard to believe they are being shifted here,

I disagree, I think their is, unfortunately, always a market for "cheap" equipment.:thumbdown:

Their tends to be an attitude that stolen goods are a victim less crime as people are insured!, the police don't help , there first response IME, is to give you a crime number, so you can claim! :mad1:

We know their are all too many victims of these thieving scum!!!!!!!!! :mad1:

Well, given the information by local constabulary, so not really a theory, plus I know for certain of one chipper that went the Eire route, before ending up back in this area a while later. The only way to help curb the thefts is not to buy dodgy gear, however good the deal seems, no demand = no ma

rket!!

I for one was glad the first thing the police did was give me a crime no., it meant I could get on with processing the claim, and get on with life. Seems they cant win whatever way they do their job! they know the chances of recovery are remote, and the chances of actually getting the offenders to court and a satisfactory sentence are minimal.

Edited by Andy Collins

Well, given the information by local constabulary, so not really a theory, plus I know for certain of one chipper that went the Eire route, before ending up back in this area a while later. The only way to help curb the thefts is not to buy dodgy gear, however good the deal seems, no demand = no market!!

That the one Andy!!

I for one was glad the first thing the police did was give me a crime no., it meant I could get on with processing the claim,

Thing is Andy when I had my car stolen, giving me the No was ALL they did:thumbdown:

A member of the public rang them and told them my car was abandoned in Howarth, they rang me and I went and recovered it. Never saw a police man or woman!!

The police were just a sort of switch board to pass on information!!!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With a decline in the UK market, I find it hard to believe they are being shifted here, with a decline in the value of scrap, I'd discount that theory, so this means they must be going abroad, Eastern Europe and North Africa. With the gateway to Europe only a few miles from here, they can get them into a container and shipped within hours. I've heard they are also shifted to Eire, where they are "cleaned up" and then re-imported to the UK, dunno how true this is.

I've seen plenty of chippers on my travels, painted all kinds of silly colours and missing ID plates, from the little I know, most stolen chippers are sold to legit tree firms! who know full well what they are buying! you'd be surprised how dis-reputable the reputable become when offered a stolen chipper worth 15k for 2k

Edited by Lee Winger

I've seen plenty of chippers on my travels, painted all kinds of silly colours and missing ID plates, from the little I know, most stolen chippers are sold to legit tree firms! who know full well what they are buying! you'd be surprised how dis-reputable the reputable become when offered a stolen chipper worth 15k for 2k

I agree. Plenty of tree firms out there buying nicked gear, the temptation can be to great...

I agree. Plenty of tree firms out there buying nicked gear, the temptation can be to great...

A vast percentage of stolen machinery is nicked to order. Which therefore means if a chipper gets nicked its going to one specific source and so only 2 people will ever see the chipper after its gone 'the thief and the receiver', another reason not much gets recovered. If you know the right people you can get what you want within a few weeks. Its very disapointing that it can only be tree / landscape companies which are placing the orders. :mad1:

I recon most of this stuff and agricultural machinery is going to eastern europe, there is now a massive market for it,besides have you noticed that there aren't any checks at the ports or the tunnel for stolen gear, I took an ifor williams trailer to italy for the inlaws and wasnt checked-what else goes unchecked ???