New Groundie: You're Fired!!

Billy Goat Gruff

Yeah, but think of the health and safety issues, what if a mother and child had beed walking along the foot path and he'd have fired that all in thier faces, that would have been a huge claim, sorry that was one mistake too far.

Besides the tipper is big enough to see, it's basic common sense.

P.S if you want to give him a try I can pass on his details.

sorry but I'd have thought if it was possible for a mother and child to walk by then there was a flaw in the pedestrian/traffic management. You also didn't point out that he had made other mistakes, like the above implies that makes it a different kettle of fish.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but think of the health and safety issues, what if a mother and child had beed walking along the foot path and he'd have fired that all in thier faces, that would have been a huge claim, sorry that was one mistake too far.

Footpath, pedestrians etc can be taken care of in your pre work morning brief...

However, no truck infront of the chipper,,,, you can't brief about every senario I suppose :001_tongue:

Still a tad too harsh mate

ask yourself this have you always been perfect, remember how you started out.

grant you if he pulls another stunt, then maybe its time for bye bye:thumbdown:

I happen to agree with the BillyGoatGruff, H&S is paramount, and the degree of common sense reqd on site was obviously not in the fellas make-up. What "mistake" will he make another time? Its the slack kind of attitude that leads to serious accidents, give em an inch they take a mile.

understand your h/s issues but it was a bit harsh to send him packing you have made him realise his stupidness and he'l not forget this in a hurry.

let him sweat get him back in and make him sharpen old chains with an old file.

but aye dont no full story this is only an opinion

I happen to agree with the BillyGoatGruff, H&S is paramount, and the degree of common sense reqd on site was obviously not in the fellas make-up. What "mistake" will he make another time? Its the slack kind of attitude that leads to serious accidents, give em an inch they take a mile.

Andy, we all make mistakes, I spent 5 minutes looking for my mobile phone the other day, i was talking on it at the time :001_tt1: