Fuel Strike

Treemon

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, were the other people in the queue not a bit miffed when you left your truck and walked back 100 yards to take that pic?

no, cause that's my silver Daewoo Matiz last in the queue, after waiting for half an hour, I topped it up with £11.47 quids worth, filled it right to the brim as well. I do all my hedgework in that car, all the clippings from the day go in the boot.

Drivers+queue+for+petrol+and+diesel+at+an+ESSO+service+station+near+Christchurch,+Dorset

If that's Glasgow, they are queuing not for fuel, its because spar are doing a buy one get one free on buckfast on a Friday.:biggrin:

Actually Robert your right, it wasn't a panic fuel queue afterall, I lied - it was the line for the annual West Lothian dogging festival :biggrin:

Drivers+queue+for+petrol+and+diesel+at+an+ESSO+service+station+near+Christchurch,+Dorset

Edited by scotspine1

Its sad to see that any thread/conversation/debate involving the word strike shows the huge gap that still exists, always has, and always will between employer and employee.

Because an employee decides they dont want to back down shouldnt be frowned upon(and more) especially when there are numerous threads about 'should we lower our prices to compete' and the general consensus is 'no stand tall, dont back down, dont let them dictate, dont undermine our industry, rise above it' etc etc.

No one should be 'Lucky to be in a job at these times and put up, or shut up' because im very certain that phrase has been echoed throught the ages and always will.

And I certainly cant agree with the 'If you dont like it, go self employeed'!! Is that what we really all need?

Lets not forget most of us employers are only here because 'our' previous boss was a tosser.:blushing:

Anyway I panic buyed last week at the merest hint of a strike so have loads of fuel stock piled.:thumbup:

Is it me or is the whole situation nuts.

As I see it although they have voted to take industrial action (over terms and pay not the price of fuel). Nothing can happen until after Easter, so why panic buy? It just makes no sense.

Strikes will always divide opinion I get that. But a country into thoughtless idiots because of a thoughtless comment about filling a Jerry can from a politician! This is a group of people the public general view as clueless anyway!

Well I want the public to know that there's a chance that at some time in the future a branch might fall out of one of their trees and they should just get me to have a quick look...

Any my wife said we were low on whiskey so I've been panic drinking :)

no, cause that's my silver Daewoo Matiz last in the queue, after waiting for half an hour, I topped it up with £11.47 quids worth, filled it right to the brim as well. I do all my hedgework in that car, all the clippings from the day go in the boot.

It's idiots like you who are undermining our industry.

I hope you have a waste carriers licence for your Matiz?

Insurance?

Risk Assessments and method Statements in place for your 'hedgecutting'?

I bet your 'clippings' find the nearest layby.

You sicken me.

I hope VOSA get medieval on your ass and you go down hard for a lonnnnnng time.

I hope your cellmate is called Leroy.

Enough.