Fuel Strike

Treemon

This proposed strike has nothing to do with increasing wages it is about introducing an industry minimum standard with wages and training.

Like a lot of you in the tree world that are being under cut by joe bloggs the same is happening with fuel tankers general haulage companys like stobart are under cutting the companys that have many years in the industry they are using drivers that have the bare minimum of training and are pushed to the limit.

The firm I work for run 100% legal in fact exceeding the speed limit by 4mph is gross misconduct instant dismissal, we have some sort of training at least once a fortnight who would you rather have in charge of 40000 lts of petrol on the motorway ?.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone who has posted in this thread has had a moan about something, now i'm having a moan about people moaning, soon someone will read this reply and have a moan about what i'm moaning about, where all moaners and the world world be boring if we had nothing to moan at......so does it matter if i get 27 litres of dervs for £40 ????? i don't think so!!!!! why? because i price my work on how much its going to cost me and how much profit i'm willing to sacrifice just to win the job........., i want to work, and i know or would like to think all you lot do to, so lets moan about something thats worth moaning about!!!!!!! i can't believe they have put that crappy talent show back on the box again??????????

Everyone who has posted in this thread has had a moan about something, now i'm having a moan about people moaning, soon someone will read this reply and have a moan about what i'm moaning about, where all moaners and the world world be boring if we had nothing to moan at......so does it matter if i get 27 litres of dervs for £40 ????? i don't think so!!!!! why? because i price my work on how much its going to cost me and how much profit i'm willing to sacrifice just to win the job........., i want to work, and i know or would like to think all you lot do to, so lets moan about something thats worth moaning about!!!!!!! i can't believe they have put that crappy talent show back on the box again??????????

I like the show, think its funny when they get booed off stage and try and have a go at judges...

you pay tax on everything u buy , well almost , maybe not cakes i think, but , to get your tax back , for every pound that goes in the buisiness bank a pound goes in the pocket bank. thats what i heard anyways.

Or how about out of 100 quid sp wnt on fuel 76 quid goes on tax????

Like a lot of you in the tree world that are being under cut by joe bloggs the same is happening with fuel tankers general haulage companys like stobart are under cutting the companys that have many years in the industry they are using drivers that have the bare minimum of training and are pushed to the limit.

Sorry but don't think it's the same in the slightest - in the tree world we complain about getting undercut by people with no training, no insurance, no safety gear...

You're complaining about getting undercut by competitors.

So are you saying these competitors are operating illegally? Do you have proof of these other drivers being pushed to the limits?

If these other drivers/firms are unsafe that needs to be looked into. Going on strike should not come into it.

So we should all hold the country to ransom to get our own way???

Many tanker drivers are on £45K, its hardly surprising that there are some undercutting these rates by using cheaper drivers.

45k!! To drive a tanker, that's a joke, I bet the lads in afghan ain't on that and they can get shot!! Friggin joke!!