One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

So get ur facts right as ive been in longer than a year. Granted its less than 5.

If you have used it '12months' ago why all the questions when youve seen and used it first hand? Instead winding others up!

I said the last time I used it, the first time was many years ago so its you that need to get "ur" facts straight.

What makes you think that just because I am familiar with alkylate fuel I would prefer it over pump?

When its as convenient and as cheap as pump, maybe. A little dearer would be OK if I owned a hedge trimmer perhaps.

The 3 week old fuel was in my dad's geny for his camper and Briggs and Stratton say 30 days before fuel can "go off" Just check machinery websites and look up fuel storage or fuel problems!

A single B&S engine not starting is hardly comprehensive proof, and if you were keen enough you would check them to prove your case.

Left the wife's car on the drive for a month once, it started first turn of the key.

I like the Idea of a stable ready mixed fuel, this will be used by every one if the price is a little bit nearer the cost of pump petrol and oil mix.

From what I have learnt, the apparently "new" short life of petrol is due to the addition of Ethanol to petrol.

In America they have a real problem with the Ethanol content, can be up to 10%. Ethanol absorbs water, so if left in motors can cause real corrosion problems.

Also ethanol attacks some of the rubber diaphragms in carbs.

Give us stable premix at £10-£12 per gallon, and we will all be there.

When will the EU ban the sale of 2 stroke chainsaws? they did it with outboard motors, it will be a matter of time, how heavy will the new MS202T 4 stroke be?

Electric saws may well be the way to go, Li-Po and Lithium-Ion technology is improving fast.

Imagine how quiet and fume free it will be, the tree huggers won't know whether to hug you or tree that you have just felled with your electric Husky.

Just a thought.

H-A

A single B&S engine not starting is hardly comprehensive proof, and if you were keen enough you would check them to prove your case.

Left the wife's car on the drive for a month once, it started first turn of the key.

Hi treequips,

The geny was a Clarke one and was my personal experance. The 30 days is from the briggs and stratton website, I was talking with three of the briggs tec men today about fuel "going off" and that is the company line on it.

Please give me a call next week or I can phone you if you would like to know facts and have a chat.

All the best

Eddie

Edited by Eddie@aspen

I like the Idea of a stable ready mixed fuel, this will be used by every one if the price is a little bit nearer the cost of pump petrol and oil mix.

From what I have learnt, the apparently "new" short life of petrol is due to the addition of Ethanol to petrol.

In America they have a real problem with the Ethanol content, can be up to 10%. Ethanol absorbs water, so if left in motors can cause real corrosion problems.

When will the EU ban the sale of 2 stroke chainsaws? they did it with outboard motors, it will be a matter of time, how heavy will the new MS202T 4 stroke be?

Electric saws may well be the way to go, Li-Po and Lithium-Ion technology is improving fast.

Imagine how quiet and fume free it will be, the tree huggers won't know whether to hug you or tree that you have just felled with your electric Husky.

Just a thought.

H-A

Nice post, but just one thing, to make batteries and of course oils/fuels the whole process to making a finished product is worse than you first think.

For example and very brief, those hybrid cars have large batteries, there mined in one country sent across the world to be processed etc and it goes on.

Im not having a go at all, but what ever we choose to use it has an effect some where 👍

Edited by Dan Earp

Just a thought.

H-A

I don't see it happening anytime soon, they managed it with outboards because the 4 stroke was a real alternative

Back on track. Been using Aspen exclusively in my Stihl blower, strimmer and now in my T540.

Spent 6 hours yesterday with a mates hedge trimmer on normal mix and felt dizzy all the way home.

To be honest I'm not finding the cost too much of a burden.

Main saws are still on mix though.

its the hedge trimming thats sent you dizzy not the fuel mix ,6,hrs hedge triiming :biggrin: