One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Hi Barrie - I wouldn't mind a few of these stickers, I do a number of conversions and retunes - one recently came back from a dealer with conventional fuel/oil in it with the owner being ticked off for using neat fuel:blushing:

I guess around 15 if you have them.

You are a decent fella:thumbup:

I had been aware of Aspen for some years prior to first trying it, but had no idea what the stuff was like, either in appearance or smell.

So one day a non starting HS45 came in. Whilst the guy was in the shop I took the cap off to check, and sniff, the fuel. As you do.

" What the hell have you got in here?" I asked. He looked bemused, and said he had no idea, his gardener always gets the fuel.

"Well, its certainly not petrol" I said, "It will never run on that"

Emptied it and refilled with petrol mix, but it still did not go. A spark test revealed the common coil problem.

I only remembered this when I opened (and sniffed) my first can of Aspen, years later. I then felt a bit foolish.

So, I can forgive the ignorance of others, I was once that person.:blushing:

I had been aware of Aspen for some years prior to first trying it, but had no idea what the stuff was like, either in appearance or smell.

So one day a non starting HS45 came in. Whilst the guy was in the shop I took the cap off to check, and sniff, the fuel. As you do.

" What the hell have you got in here?" I asked. He looked bemused, and said he had no idea, his gardener always gets the fuel.

"Well, its certainly not petrol" I said, "It will never run on that"

Emptied it and refilled with petrol mix, but it still did not go. A spark test revealed the common coil problem.

I only remembered this when I opened (and sniffed) my first can of Aspen, years later. I then felt a bit foolish.

So, I can forgive the ignorance of others, I was once that person.:blushing:

I have become a fuel tank sniffer:blushing::lol: Only way to tell what the owner has been using:thumbup:

I get my aspen at £15 a can if only buying a few and cheaper in bulk I know the guys at my local shop well now and get good deals first used it for carving in my unit and now I use it in all my husqvarna equipment. As a small point my colleague and I bought a 550xp at the same time as a General saw I use aspen and he used pump fuel. Over the past 15 months both have had extensive use but mine seems to start effortlessly and picks up like it was new whereas his is very slow and when co marring the plugs mine is a lot cleaner and nowhere near as much carbon in the cylinder. Lab test by any means but has sold me completely. Aspen may be dearer but its safer and I feel it definitely gives more life to your tools. Winner all round for me. And it smells awesome.

I get my aspen at £15 a can if only buying a few and cheaper in bulk I know the guys at my local shop well now and get good deals first used it for carving in my unit and now I use it in all my husqvarna equipment. As a small point my colleague and I bought a 550xp at the same time as a General saw I use aspen and he used pump fuel. Over the past 15 months both have had extensive use but mine seems to start effortlessly and picks up like it was new whereas his is very slow and when co marring the plugs mine is a lot cleaner and nowhere near as much carbon in the cylinder. Lab test by any means but has sold me completely. Aspen may be dearer but its safer and I feel it definitely gives more life to your tools. Winner all round for me. And it smells awesome.

have to say have a echo and run it on aspen runs a dream starts first time put it down on tickover. ran out no where near getting any been running it on normal 2 stroke its a pig to get going it plays up it stops when put down

gave up using it and used silky as just as quick trying to get that thing to run as soon as i can get some thats it will keep some in stock so i do not run out