One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

I've been there twice specifically to buy it, out of stock on both occasions, that's 2 20mile round trips, wasted time and effort. And when asked when the new stock was coming in I didn't exactly get the feeling they wanted to bother telling me. As for other stock, I can get more for less elsewhere, though I haven't really pushed for deals on the odd occasion I've been there. Getting across there in shop hours always seems to be difficult after work too. Anyway, this is about extending the list of suppliers in an area that I operate, otherwise I may as well stick to service station fuels, within 2 miles and on the way to most of my work.

Yeh i must admit one or two of their staff aren't quite the ticket :D

Quite handy for me as it's 3 miles away.

Every business is only as good as its staff.

It will be on challenge for AAoil to apoint more dealers, and another challenge to get those dealers to sell volume of Aspen.

If a dealer thinks that they can put it on a shelf and it will sell itself, then they they will not sell much. Only those who already want the product will buy, and at the moment there are not that many of those customers around.

These will be the dealers who say 'Its not worth stocking, we wont sell much'.

Other dealers will take an interest in both the product, and the customers who may have a use for Aspen. They will take the trouble to tell the customers about the benefits of the product and see the potential.

These dealers will sell the product and be very glad that they do.

Sadly, very few dealers and staff will bother to fully understand Aspen.

I have taken a great interest in Aspen, and as a result have sold a little more than I expected. Its still not a lot in the grand scheme of things as my area of influence is small, 80% of sales will be within a 5 mile radius.

I wonder if we will see Andy's gauntlet picked up today?

woah! lots of questions but il try to answer them all.

1) recycling the cans - The 5L cans are made out of HDPE and carry the recycling symbol which is the 3 arrow triangle with a number 2 inside. This is the same as plastic milk bottles and as you know these are recyclable. After draining the cans you can take them to your local recycling centre (its probably best if you remove the labeling sleeve as when reading this its easy for the recycling staff to turn you away due to the fact it says petrol on it). alternatively they can be burnt as Garden-kit has already said.

2) container sizes - a 25L plastic can is available from aspen in sweden, in the UK however it is illegal to supply fuel in any plastic container bigger then 5L. for us to fill the product into metal 25L containers would make the product more expensive then buying it in 5L containers. just a thought, maybe a 50L container would work well for some of you? especially those of you who may need to get the product delivered until you have a local dealer. i could look into pricing if this seems appealing but please send me a PM if you are rather then writing it in this thread.

3) Availability - yes this is a problem which is always being looked at, we are taking on a new sales guy who will hopefully be able to help us establish new dealers better as he has both owned his own workshop and worked for a large garden machinery store in the south who now sell lots of Aspen even though a few months ago they were very skeptical about taking it on.

its hard to get to see every shop quickly which is why i urge you to help out in with recommendations as it is hard to know which shops are good and which aren't.

Apart from storage issues, the main reason a lot of shops won't stock our products is because they think they will loose out on business in repairs from fuel related problems. This i think says a lot about our product and the mentality of some of the shop owners in this business.

4) Andy collins - CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Well, not one to do nothing while I'm awaiting for Anglo-American to sort out a new dealer in my area, I went out and got a couple of cans to try out in my hedge trimmers, as that's where I can see it being of most use to me at this point, health-wise. 10 litres for £35!!!!! :scared1: I remember moaning when petrol went over a pound a gallon! I'll admit, I can't see past that price, it's expensive, but I'm willing to give it a shot for a while, well I'll use these two cans then see if AAOC have got one of those dealers sorted by then. :biggrin:

Well, not one to do nothing while I'm awaiting for Anglo-American to sort out a new dealer in my area, I went out and got a couple of cans to try out in my hedge trimmers, as that's where I can see it being of most use to me at this point, health-wise. 10 litres for £35!!!!! :scared1: I remember moaning when petrol went over a pound a gallon! I'll admit, I can't see past that price, it's expensive, but I'm willing to give it a shot for a while, well I'll use these two cans then see if AAOC have got one of those dealers sorted by then. :biggrin:

Great news Andy. I will be really keen to hear your honest opinion of Aspen.