One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Dealers wont stock it cos it’s so expensive compared to pump, because dealers won’t stock it people won’t use it so the price won’t come down

Some dealers wont stock it because they dont understand it, or the need for it, and that they want to know there is a market for it before they commit.

I understood it, stocked it, and found a market for it. Have just taken my 8th pallett load since September.

I have no problem selling it despite its price.

Let your local dealer know you want it.

I have to ask this

How big was the last "bump" It must have measured on the Richter scale to put aspen to about double the price of unleaded.

When has aspen EVER trailed unleaded in price

Treequip, sorry if you misunderstood me. What I was trying to say is that pump prices change frequently, sometimes almost weekly, by 1 or 2 p.

Aspen remains at the same RRP for some time, it certainly has not changed since I have been selling it, so when there is a price increase it is obviously larger than 1 or 2p, thereby catching up with the increases of pump fuel.

I did not hint that it ever trailed unleaded, we all know it never has and never will.

I only sell it, so am not responsible for setting the price.

Some dealers wont stock it because they dont understand it, or the need for it, and that they want to know there is a market for it before they commit.

I understood it, stocked it, and found a market for it. Have just taken my 8th pallett load since September.

I have no problem selling it despite its price.

Let your local dealer know you want it.

You do spin this rater well, there isnt a "need" for it. It's an alternative to unleaded, and it's not "some" dealers is it? From what I can see it's MOST dealers

You do spin this rater well, there isnt a "need" for it. It's an alternative to unleaded, and it's not "some" dealers is it? From what I can see it's MOST dealers

There is a 'need' for Aspen, just ask the regular users if they want to go back to unleaded!

There is an ever increasing awareness of Aspen amongst users, and dealers. i think you will see many more dealers taking it on in the not too distant future.

I use aspen all the time and think its worth paying for as when I work with people who don't use aspen I realise how flipping stinky normal fuel/oil mix is, it makes me feel sick. I buy 60ltrs at a time from Anglo American the aspen distributors, I think it's worth it not to feel sick and get headaches.:)

Another reason I can't be bothered to use Aspen is the distance I would have to travel to specifically purchase this product. The nearest seller is about 10miles away, 20 mile round trip, next nearest is around 30mile round trip. The nearer dealer has nothing else in stock that I'd wish to purchase, or would have an intreats in purchasing. To specially go out of my way to buy this product, use the time and fuel to get there, makes this an extremely expensive product, well it's already an expensive product.

With the amount of time this product has been out there, if it's so good why isn't it more widely available, or is this just poor marketing?

Don't understand why the current UK supplier still sells in the small 5ltrs cans on a pallet and not like original in bulk 20ltrs and direct to the trade end users? This would keep the purchase costs down to a reasonable level. Hobby users seem happy to fork out the high cost but professionals are always price aware.

Needs to be simple to purchase and direct. :001_smile:

Don't understand why the current UK supplier still sells in the small 5ltrs cans on a pallet and not like original in bulk 20ltrs and direct to the trade end users? This would keep the purchase costs down to a reasonable level. Hobby users seem happy to fork out the high cost but professionals are always price aware.

Needs to be simple to purchase and direct. :001_smile:

Thats a good comment.:thumbup1:

Two more examples of stale fuel today.

One was another Briggs pulsa jet carb. As soon as I took the fuel cap off I could smell the rank petrol. Cleaned the carb and fitted a new diaphragm kit (primer bulb was OK this time as the petrol was not quite as old as the OP)

The thing just would not run properly, so I fitted a new carb as they are only about £20. Started it and it ran like a dream.

The other was a Hayter with a Honda GCV engine. These things really hate stale or dirty fuel, I have more trouble with them than any other engine.

Once again, an horrible smell of stale fuel and the engine was spluttering away like mad. On removal of the bowl I found the normal stale fuel 'varnish' around the bowl. A clean with carb cleaner and airline did no good, so the carb came off again for 40 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner, its still buzzing away in there now. Hopefully it will be OK when I put it back on.