One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Our 'rogues gallery' of contaminated and stale petrol continues to grow.

One very interesting advantage of saving the samples is that we can watch the 'phase separation' continue to intensify within the samples as they age.

[ATTACH]215720[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]215721[/ATTACH]

Think it is about time you fitted a loo in your business premises Barrie:001_tongue:

BP petrol 5 litres, one shot bottle of stihl two stroke oil, never had a problem in 10 years, even old fuel from service saws and hedgecutters goes in my own personal use mowers. Never ever had a problem, ive a komatsu brushcutter that gets used twice a year that runs on stihl mix. five months over winter its sat with mix in the tank and never fails to start or complete the days work.

I was told using stihl oil protected the fuel and stepped it doing this, so only use it. did have problem with a ktm bike once but my old drz and my chain saws, i can leave one a year and will start. the mower, well that just sits in a damp shed, never had apron with it. ? combination of fuel and cheaper rubber used in modern machines?

• 1 month later...
I was told using stihl oil protected the fuel and stepped it doing this, so only use it. did have problem with a ktm bike once but my old drz and my chain saws, i can leave one a year and will start. the mower, well that just sits in a damp shed, never had apron with it. ? combination of fuel and cheaper rubber used in modern machines?

Sounds like you are both very lucky people, either that or your local fuel stations are providing something different to the rest of the country.

Modern machines have a tendency to be more susceptible to stale fuel problems. This largely comes down to the fact that modern machines are set up to run much leaner than before due to having to meet todays emission standards.

• 3 months later...

Last month has been a record for us of having machines in for repair that have not been used for several years. Invariably they have suffered from gummed up carburettors, corroded carburettors and decomposed fuel lines.

If only the owners had used Aspen fuel, had they done so they would have avoided the expensive repair bills, and we would not have had to suffer the nauseating stink of stale petrol.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, and every one of the owners has purchased Aspen for future use.

Our Aspen sales continue to grow each year, despite the fact that we are just a small dealer with a relatively small customer base.

Sales across the UK continue to grow too for the Aspen distributor, Anglo American Oil. They report that they have had the best May sales figures ever with sales of Aspen2 being an incredible 49% up on May 2016.

This incredible product is really taking off now and changing the lives of many small engine operators.

Last month has been a record for us of having machines in for repair that have not been used for several years. Invariably they have suffered from gummed up carburettors, corroded carburettors and decomposed fuel lines.

If only the owners had used Aspen fuel, had they done so they would have avoided the expensive repair bills, and we would not have had to suffer the nauseating stink of stale petrol.

I wonder if the cost of repair outweighs the difference in price for the Fuel though? £6 verses £18 for Aspen? I could just go out and buy a new Saw on the savings of not using Aspen. :D