One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

We had a batch with with oil guard oil in it two years ago.

Interesting.

In just over 3yrs of selling Aspen I have never seen any colour guard.

The oil changed just a little in shade just as I started, so some of my first cans were slightly different in colour. Then it remained exactly the same for 30 months until the chage to FRT this year, but even that does not look much different in shade.

Must say I have not noticed a change in smell either.

I wiil be very interested to hear what Eddie finds out about your batch ADW

We orderd 1/2 pallet of Aspen, it was very dark, i assumed it was oil guard for the Husqvarna K750/760 oil guard machine, i am sure i spoke to the factory about this who confirmed it was, oh well it could have been yet another senior moment, we were definetly told that the silly plastic sleeve around the can ( which falls off ) was to be changed for a proper decal, i know this sounds quite petty, but health and safty were not happy that the can was not clearly marked as to its contents.

We orderd 1/2 pallet of Aspen, it was very dark, i assumed it was oil guard for the Husqvarna K750/760 oil guard machine, i am sure i spoke to the factory about this who confirmed it was, oh well it could have been yet another senior moment, we were definetly told that the silly plastic sleeve around the can ( which falls off ) was to be changed for a proper decal, i know this sounds quite petty, but health and safty were not happy that the can was not clearly marked as to its contents.

Hi,

Aspen said they had oil guard in the fuel from 2009 to mid 2010 but with drew it because of problems. Husqvarna were going to fit oil guard to all machines but changed plans so it is only on the cut off saw.

I can't see the sleeves being changed as they are fitted on all their cans for all markets.

You are only the second person to say they have come off, please let me know if other people have this problem.

I have been told this can be due to the cans expanding and the contracting which stretches the sleeve. Big changes in temp can do this.

Hope this helps.

This Tanaka Brushcutter is about 6 years old and has always been used on pump petrol with a 50:1 oil mix. I have to admit I am not sure what brand of oil is used. ( a poor quality oil will not help)

The problem seen on this machine is not at all unusual on any machine used with pump fuel, some of the deposits will be from the oil but many from the petrol itself.

The result of this carbon build up results in a significant lack of top end speed and power. The diagnosis is easily confirmed by putting your hand over the exhaust gas (far away not to get burnt) and you will find it has no force.

This will never be seen on machines run solely on Aspen2 which contains FRT oil.

P1010497.jpg.0e7673ed50cb2c13b4dd16c29e4497db.jpg

I am on my 10th can and most of the sleeves are loose or off.

I guess I am only looking from a selling and workshop point of view. I have no problems.

Neither do I have a problem in my garage at home for the ones I use in my garden.

Many of my customers bring their empties back to me for recycling and the sleeves are always on those, although sometimes a bit crumpled.

But I can see that cans that are transported in vans and trucks where they are stored wedged in boxes or other gaps to stop them moving about can have the sleeves damaged. The good thing is that the cans don't hang around long before a new one takes its place.

There are however no plans to change away from the sleeves.