ID please???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Beech, Ash or Hornbeam. I was thinking Norway maple, Tree of heaven didn't even cross my mind until it was 1st mentioned on here?

Any of you guys know what the timbers like?? I'll be carving it up and just wondered how hard it is as the climber said it felt like his saw was dull it was that hard??

This is the one spot im stuck on....I can't remember if the wood is hard to cut or not. If it had been particularly hard to cut it probabaly would have stuck in my mind, so im hesitant to say yes. Maple on the other hand can go very hard, and this was one of my first guesses, but again I ruled it out as I suspected that most tree surgeons would have been able to identify this. White wood and some of the staining in the heartwood on the smaller logs is very maple like.

From what I'm told, someone had been and stripped it out ( guessing a free lance ), then another guy came along and felled the stem, then the garden contractors rang me?? So the info is very limited, us iv no contact details for either guys who dropped it. Iv never seen that kind of rippling along the stem in a maple before and there are several pictures online of similar tree of heaven stems???? Stumped :-)