How did your day go?

Gavin Hodges

just photobucket them and voila

paulstrees008.jpg

i hope

Thanks. The cut was ruined by hitting that nail. I would have taken it out to resharpen before coming back tomorrow but I borrowed the ladder as neither of mine were long enough. This also explain the attachment. I couldn't drill through it so it was clamped using 3 length of ply. That worked good.

So I decided to continue, get the top off and i'll plank the rest with a sharp chain. Unfortunately it did affect the finish and I had to see-saw quite a bit to get it to bite.

Glad I chose that particular log as it didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped.

Other niggling issues, adjusting chain tension is a pain, partly due to mill but also powerheads.

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a very challenging day yesterday🙀 Today went Great👍

Dean self-employed I'd like to spend one day at home servicing my tools. Call last night to do a quote just to fell a small Lombardi popular.10 minutes down the road what's the harm

(To skinflint customers in one week one) On arrival greeted with thisImageUploadedByArbtalk1372444192.855835.jpg.6f9edb58260fb16f8dd409ff27bd777b.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1372444754.528639.jpg.9e6b39f96898a8d8ade498a7aba22f1f.jpg

Customer very happy me sheepishly happy. Come Home and help setup the music Festival in Village

The bearded tooth fungus or hericium erinaceus was spotted near Pirbright by the Surrey Wildlife Trust (SWT).

The fungus which is classified as rare in the UK is usually found on dead wood on broad-leaved trees.

SWT volunteer Ray Tantram said: "It is excellent to have a new record for Surrey of this rare and beautiful species."

She added: "Please help conserve it. Always just look and admire; please do not pick or destroy such valuable additions to Surrey's biodiversity."

The bearded tooth fungus has long white spines which point downwards and is also known as lion's mane, monkey head and tree hedgehog.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1372444298.738564.jpg.d3b930110f2dac5b6f30238a98e39709.jpg

Nice stunt fell :thumbup:

Had a hellish day yesterday, left site at 9pm after being mauled by conifers. On the plus side, I tried out a husky 550xp. Other than a few old big shaky huskys I've only ever used stihl saws really. I was very impressed! Great Little saw. Sat side by side with my much loved and used ms260 I think the 550xp would get the vote :eek: I'm not quite a full convert yet though; I don't know how it is to work on. ..

I was also pleasantly surprised by the timberwolf 125 (Honda engine, don't know if they use another), smallest chipper I've ever used but a very capable machine :thumbup:

All raring to go this morning kit all sorted for a fairly simple inner courtyard clearance at a school. Chip box started to disintegrate just after I left the yard so tied it up to stop it going AWOL and limped back home. Luckily it was less than a now away!

Got back unbolted mounts and flipped it off. Fell into a rotten heap awaiting a fiery send off.

I woke up at 9am, took the dog out til 10:30am. Played on my Xbox til 1pm, went back to sleep til 3pm, went and bought beer and I've been supping it and watching TV (in between dog walks) ever since.

It's been an AWWWWESOME day so far!!

• 3 weeks later...