My lovely climbing kit!!!

Tree-Fela

I was just having a rant of my disgust towards bankers not office workers who push pens and papers all day.

"Anyone can sit behind a desk and push buttons, bark orders and have them barked back, photocopy pieces of paper all day and think there the best admin assistant in the world but the fact is there too much of a pansy to get up and get out there and do a real persons job. there just to comfy sitting around on there backside on nice comfy chairs sippin tea or coffee all day probably low fat ones to reduce putting the pounds on in work then have a salad for there dinner which then they run off after work in there local gym and pay a membership for. "

Looks like your having ago at admin assistants, no mention of bankers here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if it gives you pleasure why does it have to pay for itself?

Well it has to pay for itself, if not then its getting paid for out of money I earn for tree climbing, so it is tree climbing that pays for it. If it doesnt make me more money then thats ok, to a point, thats where the hobby part comes in. I like to have new shiny kit and work pays for it, but ultimatly the balacne has to be that my "work" has to pay for itself, i.e I cant lose money overall, I have a mortgage etc to pay and so tree work (even though I think of it as a hobby) must also pay for itself or else its pointless.

Whatever work for you Rob. I just prefer not to ever get work stuff as a present cos its, well, work stuff! I get nice stuff for me that I wouldnt otherwise get. Climbing kit is something I would eventually buy if I need it, not really a present kind of thing.

A bit like giving you wife/girlfriend glow in the dark clothes pegs, just because they make life easier dont make them good presents.!

Glow in the dark clothes pegs! Genius! My misses would love them

Whatever work for you Rob. I just prefer not to ever get work stuff as a present cos its, well, work stuff! I get nice stuff for me that I wouldnt otherwise get. Climbing kit is something I would eventually buy if I need it, not really a present kind of thing.

A bit like giving you wife/girlfriend glow in the dark clothes pegs, just because they make life easier dont make them good presents.!

Completely agree, it is good to have a separation between work and personal, hence why I've got two phone numbers. Although its a bit foggy for me ATM.

The pegs are a good idea. Will be looking into them!

It certainly is a lifestyle, not a job. To me anyway.

Not had a great deal of cash for shiny stuff for a while. Last thing I got was a new lanyard to go with my new positioner from Santa!

It's a great thing getting a bagful of new kit. I remember getting all mine. Didn't want to use it!

Haha, i was the same at the start, didn't want to use it lol.

Now everything gets thrown into action straight away to get your money's worth out of it :thumbup1:

Also i'm not a shiny gadget man either.... just to clear that up :P

• 2 weeks later...
rupe has got a valid point. the assessments are by no means what they should be they really need to tighten there braces and sort good practice from bad practice, i mean a cambium saver not even part of an assessment??????? whats next no chainsaw trousers for your cs39?
Well, just for the record and to get this thread back off track, I had my assessment last week [1] and there was absolutely no mention of cambium savers. NPTC are apparently planning to ditch the spiking elements of CS38 soon - maybe that will free up some time for a bit more advanced (or just up to date) climbing techniques.

[1] Passed with just 2 minors by the way :biggrin:

Well, just for the record and to get this thread back off track, I had my assessment last week [1] and there was absolutely no mention of cambium savers. NPTC are apparently planning to ditch the spiking elements of CS38 soon - maybe that will free up some time for a bit more advanced (or just up to date) climbing techniques.

[1] Passed with just 2 minors by the way :biggrin:

sure that wasnt your driving test mate:lol::lol: