Mark Bolam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last nights post didn't make a huge amount of sense, naughty whisky :blushing:

It means that that one wasn't there, but that doesn't mean that there aren't others, I think he actually tracked three in the end or something. . Until I see one dead, with the queen looking at it, I will continue to believe there might be a couple at most :001_tt2:

There might only be one, he just has a big territory!

I was driving late at night down south about 15 years ago, I saw an animal at the side of the road, brown, bigger than a hare, just didn't look right, as I got nearer it hopped further into the verge and I saw its tail, it was like a huge rats tail... It took me a few moments to realise that it was a wallaby!

I later looked at the map and realised that i was near whipsnade zoo...

Just shows that animals can and do escape...

About a year ago I was driving up a small road which goes over an open stretch of moorland on Dartmoor, about 100m in front of me a big black 'thing' crossed the road in front of me, It didn't move like a dog or anything far too sleek for that, Anyway I stopped the truck at the spot and got out but nothing was to be seen, fairly big gorse bushes around so I couldn't scan the area very well. My dad is a a sheep farmer on the same stretch of moorland, wev seen sheep teared apart dragged around the field before. might be dogs but who knows.

Many farmers around here report sightings of them, some im inclined to believe. but until I find a skeleton of one I'll never be positive.

i have found 2 roe deer carcasses skinned with the fur licked off just like big cats do, still dont really know if they are about as have worked on the same estate for 13 years and not seen any sightings off them day or night

That is very interesting; about year ago I was bagging Legis Tor, south of sheepstor and found a lamb cleaned out like it had been in an operating theatre, the complete insides were gone between the neck and arse but very cleanly, it was odd. I asked my mate a former shepherd what he reckoned - couldn't explain it...

it's tail was a meter long but it's head was the size of a domestic cat.

Exactly right! Repeats my experience.

a good view of a cat, the same size as the first but a dirty brown

yep, the extra length in the body of the one I saw was dirty brown too; almost as if the dirty section had been added! (it was at the tail end)

Couple of years ago,my mate and i were driving to a clay shoot at swanton morley.

We both happened to look into a field that had a maize pheasant cover strip down one side and saw a black cat similar in size to a large greyhound but definately a cat with a long tail about 50 yards away.

Of course everyone asked if we'd been on the drink when we tried to explain our sighting at the shoot.

I think a lot of people are very unobservant - If you don't notice that your next door neighbour has a cat in 5yrs then you're hardly paying a lot of attention. Wild boar are known to be about, since '87, but how many people have seen them, and they don't have the same agility. There are snakes living in our garden, up to 5ft long, but I've only seen them on four occasions in four years, and I'm actively looking.

People that I talk to can't believe that we have deer running wild!! Some people just don't realise. Anyway back to the thread. My old man told me years ago that he had seen a big black cat around the fields near us.....even scared our old hound one night (so he said)!! As I was a little more sceptical I decided he was talking tosh and for quite a while we had discussions about this until........one evening coming back from my then girlfriends house, I saw it. Heading off across the road right in front of me. This was no mirage and I had always disbelieved my old chap. I had to go and apologise as I never believed.