Alaskan Milled Bathroom.

TrollSpiel

Very nice mate, looks smart. How have you dried your wood? and how long for? shame you didnt do the plugs:001_rolleyes:

ive a 15ft kiln at home.

plugs. i wouldn't even put a screw in that cabinet, all jointed, biscuited etc. Little items like the unplugged things, I really couldn't care less on small Items or things that generally aren't seen.

I like rawness. I coulda completely changed the look of the cabinet by a str8 edge on the doors, just like some sterile ikea cabinet.

some would say, oh dont put ash with oak, or dont do this, dont do that. And being the irreverent c''' that I am, I just do things my way, as I like em

not EVERYTHING needs an anal attention to detail. (unless youre scottish)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice trollspiel, did you hand or machine plane the timber after it was cut on the alaskan, I like the cabinet doors, as you say, straight lines =ikea look, the wany edge is a definate look of hand made

bit of all 3 agrimog. hand planes, makita 110mm and a jointer bench.

aye, the doors.. there was hard lines everywhere else, I wanted to put some softness into it. A bit like adding ash to it, I find too much oak can be a bit full on - I like mixing woods in the same piece. I like sanding edges where boards are joined - not because the jointing is bad, but as you say, gives it that handmade look. I'm definitely into softness in things, I spend my working life building for people with 5mill to spend on their interiors, and everything is ikea cold, hard, characterless - I like a bit of rough in my own things.

seriously nice piece of work that :thumbup:

PS - I think Al is a sort of surrogate scot - comes from somewhere over the atlantic don't ee??

Thank you mr.

And a surrogate you say? How appalling for the local community. My thoughts are with them in their bereavement....

I'm Scottish and I think all of that looks brilliant. It makes my newly done bathroom look pretty dull now actually.

S'ok, I don't have a downer on the scots, I'm part welsh / French ( could it get much worse? :D ) but matey there just furthered that stereotype of the scots being an angry bunch always p***** off about something. And people with those kind of issues just grind me down a bit.

Anyroad, thankyou, Compliments ( and criticisms when not delivered with a patronising grudge ) always appreciated ;-)

S'ok, I don't have a downer on the scots, I'm part welsh / French ( could it get much worse? :D ) but matey there just furthered that stereotype of the scots being an angry bunch always p***** off about something. And people with those kind of issues just grind me down a bit.

Anyroad, thankyou, Compliments ( and criticisms when not delivered with a patronising grudge ) always appreciated ;-)

NO NO definatley not... :lol::lol::thumbup: