Best gloves for Hawthorne

Derek Trimblits

if they are as good as you say then £25 is nothing,you would pay that for a pair of chainsaw gloves,althought nobody wears them these days..

They are that good.:thumbup1: It seems quite difficult though to convince someone (or even yourself) to fork out £25 for a pair of glove when you can get ten pairs of welders gloves that everyone wears for the same money.

For the OP only!:sneaky2:

Get a pair, size large. Try them for a week, if you're not convinced I'll buy them off you for the same price you paid for them.:biggrin:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are that good.:thumbup1: It seems quite difficult though to convince someone (or even yourself) to fork out £25 for a pair of glove when you can get ten pairs of welders gloves that everyone wears for the same money.

For the OP only!:sneaky2:

Get a pair, size large. Try them for a week, if you're not convinced I'll buy them off you for the same price you paid for them.:biggrin:

Ha ha cheers Rover!!

I have used the welders gloves in the past and they are ok to a point.

Will definitely go for them mate, 25 quid to stop me getting stabbed to bits is a price worth paying methinks.

I trust your advice implicitly if you work with the thorny swines all winter!!!

Cheers for all the replies.

This site is a belter!

• 1 year later...

digga iam going to have to get a pair. i tried yours and they where ok.and the welding ones £3 from tool station do the biz but do not last long.

so it looks as if i will bite the bullet and get a pair of ripear gloves

as for blackthorn if it gets you get it out if its in do not let it go septic if it does get to A&E quick it can bugger up the tendon sheaths in your joints.

so it looks as if its a thumbs up for diggas gloves:biggrin:

as for blackthorn if it gets you get it out if its in do not let it go septic if it does get to A&E quick it can bugger up the tendon sheaths in your joints.

so it looks as if its a thumbs up for diggas gloves:biggrin:

Good call - just read up a bit more on this - i didn't know there could be such a long delay with the arthritis symptoms... Plant Thorn Synovitis (Plant Thorn Arthritis) Symptoms, Treatment, Causes, Diagnosis and Prognosis - MedicineNet

....definitely best to remove all thorny fragments asap.

Timely post - on Monday i had a Hawthorn in the side of my finger right by the joint, pulled it out and that night complained to her ladyship about pain who promptly told me to HTFU. By Tuesday morning it was a large lump and painful but i couldn't see anything.

Having just read that link i reached for the nail clippers and cut my finger open to find (very deep) the tip of the thorn - 1/8" long! Popped it out and let it have a good bleed to wash it out, let's see how it goes:biggrin: