Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is what I was saying. It's sad to believe there is nowt when dead. Im still trying to get my head around it.

Don't get too down about it, even if you are not around, life and existence is perpetual, so try and look at it from a selfless viewpoint. Your kids, grandkids etc will be about and hopefully you will have left a legacy.

Also, would you want eternal life? Bloody hell, i get bored after a weekend of not doing much!

Edited by alex_m

I am clean living , I do not go to church,I did get married in 1 though. :001_smile: If you had asked me if I believed in God before I had kids, I would of replied no, but there has been a few times in the last 7 years I have looked up and prayed for them.

I am pretty nieve tbh about Religion. Butler what do you do in your daily life to be a Christian? This is a genuine question:thumbup1:

What a good question, I became a Christian when I came to Jesus Christ by faith and asked Him to save me from my sin. I believed that His death on the cross was full and final payment for my sin against a holy God and that the salvation I wanted was found entirely in His sacrifice, not in any good deed I could do. Since then I have sought to live a life that is worthy of His holy standard, I often let Christ down , but He will never let me down. I find true peace in living in harmony with my God and Saviour, there is a massive God shaped void in everones life, I used to have it and it is plain to see in many around. Thanks for the question though Stephen, it's interesting that you pray to God for your kids, I know He really wants each one of us to approach Him in prayer, but I think it's important to realise that we can only do this through the work of Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by Me." that's scary to believe because I means that I have to throw my self dependence out and rely on someone I can't see. However, I have found in Christ a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and a saviour who will never forsake me. I highly recommend Him to you, people have been trusting Him since the beginning of time (people trusted Him before He even came) and He has never let any1 down yet.

Sorry Matt, i respect your beliefs, but in my opinion, your wrong, there is no void in my life, i am complete and happy without a god thanks and always will be:biggrin:

Rob, I think your missing the point. If you respect someone else's beliefs than that is fine. You yourself believe in yourself and you are very confident/happy without a god, good for you. It does not make Matt any better than any one else or yourself for that matter. It just means that Matt believes in serving his Savior for the sacrifice he made on behalf of man kind as a whole. Like most folks he is just doing the best he can and he is thankful in the process.

I do not believe anyone is actively trying to proselytize anyone else with this thread, just wondering who if any are Christians. More than likely that has been decided, or maybe not?. Next opinion.

easy-lift guy