de-mount campervan body

Stephen Blair

we all have trucks for work, i bet most of us would love a campervan. I remember going to Canada in 1980 and my uncle had a demount, it made so much sense:thumbup1:

i have seen the ones for the Navara type vehicle and it looks like a sheep giving a hippo a piggy back:laugh1:

i would just like to buy the box with all the stuff in it i can just stick on the back, bolt it on and go away for the weekend without having a mortgage sitting on the driveway most of the year:thumbdown:

I understand a good one is going to still be a fair bit of money, but it just makes more sense to me.

has anyone got 1 or know of a good company that makes them.

i want to do something like the 1 in the link:thumbup1:

Custom Campers - IVECO 4x4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one that I built because the only ones you can buy as you say are a bit too large, the trouble is they are all made so you can sleep across them which makes them much wider than a euro pickup

They have lots of advantages over other campers imo, mine has a pop up roof and is the same width as the buck, not very big but is a doddle to drive even in the highest of winds, has a cooker, sink, heating and fridge, for a toilet we use the porta potti in a toilet tent

I think if you want smaller than the average you will have to sacrifice some of the home comforts, but as far as i'm aware there is no one making smaller solid sided one's(you can get canvas popups) what we have has served us ok, but is really only suitable for weekends, and because we now want to go away for longer I have just bought a T4 hightop camper, so will be parting with the demount.

My next project is a demountable on a 130 landy, which because they are slightly wider can be slept across widthways, because I still think they offer the best of all worlds, and 4wd is also very handy on some sites.

Ratchet strap a caravan on

Speaking of caravans, I've an early 90s Eriba Puck (French made - cult following amongst the VW Camper set).

Bought as a project last year, wont have the time to give it the little bit of attention it needs. Gas stove etc, the whole thing is in pretty good condition.

Looks very similar to this if anyone's interested pm me for details.

2006_12160001.JPG