Misunderstanding with customer.

pault

Im going to speak to my mates dad tomorrow with her there so hopefully it will get sorted. Its such a shame because she is a lovely girl. Also not too hard on the eyes!

I dump the chip up at a mates farm who uses it.

Honestly thanks a lot for all the advice guys. Ill keep you posted as to what happens.

Paul

Inseminate her and move to Australia!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you have already done the work taking the ash down you will have a lien on the ash timber which I would think your quite within your rights to remove and sell for non payment obviously he can have the wood back for £600. With regard to the big ash offer to the owner a special deal of removing the tree FOC so long as you keep the timber. That way you have taken all the trees down so no excuse for not paying the £600 and you may get some money back on log sales of the big ash. Check with solicitor but might be worth a punt.

As soon as they said they wanted the large one taken down i got on the blower and found that it is on a conservation area. I cant fell it because its between the river bank and the cottage. So ill have to climb it. I reckon it will be an extra 300 on top of the 600 quoted for the small ones. Plus i have staff to pay, running the unimog with chipper etc. i Have been on the phone to a solicitor today and he has said that if they havent obtained written permission to take it down then they have to pay the full amount quoted for the small ones within 14 days or he would help me take it to the small claims court.

Told my mate this and she is going to have serious words with her old man. Aparently he has tried it on with other guys in the past and they have just taken it to avoid trouble.

Not this time mate!

I think you need to ask yourself what sort of mate knowingly puts you in this position :sneaky2:

We don't actually know that the customer is trying it on.

This could be a genuine misunderstanding.

We were not there when the quote was given.

I almost never do written quote, but never have problems like this.

When quoting I am very specific about the parameter of the job, I ask questions about what they want, such as "do you want the stumps grinding??", "are you keeping the wood?, what size do you want it cutting to?? and where are we putting it??"

Yep,works for most domestic work,but I have had the ocasional 'try it on' type.

In this situation you have choices...talk,walk,or Climb & cut.

If the job did not involve a mate of yours it would be so much easier to make a choice,but it sounds like you want to do the right thing without getting mugged,me,I would do it,swallow the loss,& move on to your next contract the wiser:001_smile:

On reading other posts by the OP,I might be a bit more inclined to negociate a settlment for works done.

Edited by geoff
read further posts