Jap Pick up trucks

Minotaur

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that the chassis on the ranger and especially the later ones is made from toffee, my older one flexed but nothing like the new one , it notices a lot when you tow with them you can see the chassis flexing between the buck and the cab, it's one of the reasons I am going back to a land rover.

I had an 05 plate D22 and of course the engine went pop. It was fine after it was fixed though. I now have a D40 which has a lot more pulling power. I'm not so keen on a switch for the 4WD, but it works fine. I put new tyres on as soon as I got it because the ones it came with were rubbish on wet grass.

My brother has an 08 L200 which has less guts than my old D22. We had a gas cylinder and 10 bags of cement in the back of his L200 and it seemed to struggle. He did have an 06 Hilux which had loads of problems with the engine management.

My Isuzu Rodeo was a GreenMech reps express for 264,000 miles with nowt worth moaning about in five years! I sold it for £3,250 + vat and it was off to Cyprus!

What is the general concensus about the 4x4 CrewCabs to come from that manufacturing giant "The Great Wall", soon to be here from China.

I had a look at there brochure and it looks like a copy of the Rodeo and Volkswagen but for 14k for the base spec and £16k for the SE spec.

The rest of the cars from The Great Wall showed "styling clues" from a variety of makes and models currently available elsewhere!:sneaky2:

The first Western world spec vehicles built by the Chinese back in the late nineties, were death traps. They were made of cheap steel and had very little satety built in.

Not sure how much they have improved since then - I would not put my hard earned cash into one of there pieces of ****!

The Chinese regularly breach international copyright laws and nothing happens, beacause they do not accept being told what to do. They have the money(?) to buy most anything they want at the moment.

They are the next Suuuuuuuuuuuuper Power, because everyone around the world wants a slice of their market and are willing to pay for it.

But I for one would not trust their cars/trucks until they are proven.

Honda i think is one company that make vehicles in china for the european market.

We all thought that japan couldn't do it but look were they are now.

Give them a few years and a lot of people will be buying chinese built or sourced motors.

Very possibly, but not right now.