Theft last night

Paulfreebury

The latest is that they are holding them till Monday they will probably get bailed then won't turn up for court, and i was told that by one of the officers,One of the vehicles used was an L200 stolen from an estate in Somerset the number plate was stolen from Berkshire.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good news at last, but if the police had located the quad in their camp would they have gone in?

Simple answer is yes, with adequate back up. I don't understand why posters on this site automatically assume police have no go areas around travellers sites. It is simply not true. However they have a responsibility to protect their officers as well as the public, so such entry may have to be postponed untill suffucient resources make it safe to do so. I was a police officer for over 30 years and I NEVER failed to enter such sites when necessary. In fact it was the most enjoyable part of the job, nicking thieving scum like that. As far as following the Tracker signal to their lock up/yard, that is not viable as you don't know where they may be going. They might abandon the item to return later. If they then disappear into a built up area or even a crowded traveller site (Oh no!!!) you've lost your prisoner, evidence,conviction,prison sentence (hopefully) and the satisfaction of catching them in the act. No brainer really.

what kind of tracker system do u have?

Hi mate I'm not sure which one we have, we pay a prescription every year I think it's £120

All you do is notify the company as soon as possible after the theft and they activate the tracker, they can get a 3 mile fix, it's then upto the police traffic cars or chopper who are all sent the tracker code to pin point it's exact location.

I'll ask my boss tomorrow which one it is.

Good result, pleased for you . Tracker would not have done us much goods though . They took our horse box to pieces one night . Drilled the frame , door and all to the living comp off Got in stole anything and every thing Including the fold out steps the seats the partitions the wheel trims all the tack and horse rugs da de da de da the list goes on . I hate the baaalams . The lorry was baisicly wrecked .

Hi mate I'm not sure which one we have, we pay a prescription every year I think it's £120

All you do is notify the company as soon as possible after the theft and they activate the tracker, they can get a 3 mile fix, it's then upto the police traffic cars or chopper who are all sent the tracker code to pin point it's exact location.

I'll ask my boss tomorrow which one it is.

the trackers we use are 'farm alert' ones, no subscription just the cost of the texts it sends to alert you to its status, ie within zone or time or its being moved outside zone or time schedule! Its accurate to 1 metre, as i have proved when i couldn't find it when it was knicked and they have buried it deep in a thick hedge.....to me a while to work out where it was!

Bloody good feeling when you get it back from them. I'm sure i heard the same voice saying 'cut off their hands' !!!!