Queen Wasps in Logstack

Flyguy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grrrr wasps.....reminds of the time when I stepped on a rotten log and crashed through into a large wasp nest. A cloud of angry wasps flew up and began to attack me. I legged off across the field and the swarm followed me! The only way I got rid of them was by hanging my coat on a fence post- they carried on attacking that while I kept on running. Still got stung about in 10 places though!

Was clearing an old windblown chestnut, all grown in with stingers & brambles back last summer and stumbled on a nest (literally) thought I could escape by running & jumping in the tractor only to find most of the swarm had made it in there with me as I shut the cab door! got stung alot!!!

Anyway back to the op, loads in my wood pile this year, but they're yet to make it to the house.

• 4 years later...

Overrun with the damned things! Seen hardly any wasps all year but dozens of queen wasps.

I have to shake all my clothes before putting them on it's that bad. Put the sun visor down on my car and one fell onto my lap, that was fun. Not.

Never been stung by a queen wasp and not even sure they can but they still freak me out.