price of polar timber

dave fox

Dunno where your based, but i have a freind thats selling 18 metres roughly of poplar also butts of 30 inchs in the basinstoke area if of any inteerest can come ready split in billets if required.

Cheers

Stu

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most that i have ever got for poplar is £15 per cube.

It is unpopular timber to burn: acred smoke, burns quickley with little heat, and difficult to dry due to the waterproof nature of its bark.

Are you sure you want 2 lorry loads ?

hey slack, did you split and dry any of that poplar from last summer and burn it?

I've only been burning poplar for the last 6 weeks and i don't know why it has such a bad reputation. Mine is around 20%MC and it doesn't burn too quick.... granted the heat output is a little less but once the house is warm i don't want blazing heat.

Its all i have left to sell this winter and i'm selling it a little less to customers and explain what wood it is, and how it has a bad rep, etc. and everyone is more than happy!:biggrin: I have even had repeat orders specifying poplar!:laugh1:

P.s. did you get my PM from a few weeks ago?

going for free or biomass....

rough old day egg, i've been up Bures Coppicing but we got soaked by midday, so went to leave at lunch and got truck stuck!! Now running hot bath!!

Was in Bures myself today got soaked to the skin, left just after midday myself, i posted on the thread "hows your weather now" that i gave up and came home.

Edited by eggsarascal

• 1 year later...