I always service my saws after use

predator

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yupp im on the catchatcher bit as well the 200t chain catcher go quite ofter so i have a bag of them in my site tool box

What do you do with your saws to keep loosing the chain catcher ? I have had my 200t 12 years and i have not lost one yet.

As for looking after it, it get cleaned when it wont start or something is broken.

Since we use pro saws I am under the presumption that they dont need messing about with every five minutes. I hardly ever turn or dress the bar although I should give the air filter a more of a clean than I do. Plus I never bother warming the saws up and they last way long enough to get great value for money out of them.

If people can be bothered and enjoy spending an hour or so every week cleaning their saws then fair enough:thumbup1:, I just dont think they need it though.

I do carry spare chains though as hitting some stone or soil with a big saw isnt fun and Im not as quick at sharpening as Mr Skyhuck.:thumbup:

Although I mainly run Stihls which we all know are more reliable than Huskys.

HI mate dont tall wooden that mate :lol::lol:jon happy new year

I thought it best to start the new year with a good old Stihl V Husky fight.:2gunsfiring_v1::fight::

:001_tongue:

Im sure huskys are just as reliable..as long as you spend plenty of time and money maintaining them.:thumbup1:

No seriously though I find that if you give the oil and fuel tanks a little swill out now and then then the saws dont really have any problems.

I use my saw all day 3-4 days a week. The only time I stop is for lunch or to re-fuel so at the end of each day the cover comes off, every other sharpen the bar is dressed/flipped and anything that needs cleaning/greasing gets done according to the owners manual. I find it quicker to sharpen a saw 15" bar than to change the chain. I normally last a day on a sharpen but if it needs it, it gets it. I'd much rather loose 15 mins in the day than suffer for half of it if something's not right. Though I always have a full set of spares chains/bars/plugs/bar nuts/all filters/oil+fuel caps/pull cord and spare saw. I hate the thought of having to stop work to go and buy something that I can order online and have it posted.

Alex

But if you sharpened on site enough times, you will get so fast that its actually quicker than changing the chain :thumbup1:

Yeah perhaps after 25 years I should buy a new file as well :biggrin:. I do touch up in the field but we have some nasty flints which the birds seem to take pleasure in hiding.

I clean the air filter after each use then when have time I then service the bar and then have off both covers and clean it all out . Just ordered up my new drive sprocket and file filter . And sharpen chain as needed

If you look after your kit it will last much longer and it's less lightly to brake on the job .

Littletree:thumbup:

I clean the air filter after each use then when have time I then service the bar and then have off both covers and clean it all out . Just ordered up my new drive sprocket and file filter . And sharpen chain as needed

If you look after your kit it will last much longer and it's less lightly to brake on the job .

Littletree:thumbup:

HI littietree happy new year to you up in the mendips your right there look out to your kit all the best jon :thumbup: