customer wasting our time

likeitorlumpit

Not that unreasonable - happens lots round our way.

Often it seems they get a few quotes then get a friend/relative to do it for a bit/lot less than the lowest quote.

I've priced a few which were never ever done - lt's be honest.. who hasn't thopught about getting someone in to do a job that you 'might' want. So you get a few prices and maybe decide it just isn't that important.

I know we all subscribe to the professional/quality approach but there are loads of punters out there who shop at Lidl and wait at car boot sales at 6:00 am for bargains.

Just remember - why work for Lidl customers and earn nothing when you can be making a decent living working for wasitrose customers.

Oi, we shop at Lidl, and so do lots of my minty customers. They're minty because they shop at Lidl and not Wasteloads. Mind you, it's the most minty that generally want to knock money off and also get £35/day people in to do painting and sh..., stuff.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good of him to let you know, IMO.

I'd echo that, I've only ever had a handful of customers give feed back. Its great they say to expensive, ugly etc and it gives me feedback. I always say, " no hard feelings and I'll happily quote on any future works you have

I have found that alot of people ask me to travel miles to quote jobs, it could be a small tree to a big week long job but everyone is worth looking at and pricing up. You will never win all contracts if it was that easy in this game everybody would be doing it thats why ive had some people get five or six quotes and ive missed out on a few. I see that your pissed but its good to hear people are hearing of you and at least got you in mind. Chin up because some people dream of sucess while others wake up and work hard for it, so keep them quotes going in. All the best for future work

Had a similar situation just now, went to look at a small takedown for £150. Customer said it did seem a bit more that he expected but accepted the quote. When asked how soon he wanted it done he said before New Year, thought this was a bit much bur replied that I would do I his week.

Phoned him today to let his know I would be there tomorrow, to which he replied he had had it done as he had found someone cheaper and had had it done. Told him thanks for wasting my time and put the phone down.

Had a similar situation just now, went to look at a small takedown for £150. Customer said it did seem a bit more that he expected but accepted the quote. When asked how soon he wanted it done he said before New Year, thought this was a bit much bur replied that I would do I his week.

Phoned him today to let his know I would be there tomorrow, to which he replied he had had it done as he had found someone cheaper and had had it done. Told him thanks for wasting my time and put the phone down.

This situation is in no way similar to the one posted by the OP, this customers is bang out of order :thumbdown:

I always ask potential customers to get other quotes, my price is my price, some look at you and you can see it in their eyes, how can that be X pounds???? At least if they've had a few other quotes from other guys in the industry then they get a price check which usually is around the same ball park figure. Don't mind losing a job to some one in the industry, way of life, can't win them all.