Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a bit of winter weather. Minus 4 and fully sunny yesterday. Made for an excellent 60km exploring some new hills on the gravel bike. 

It dropped to minus 7c last night and has lightly snowed. Minus 3c now. Heading out on the bike again in a mo. I do like winter :D

A few photos from yesterday:

ImageImageImageImage

• Like 4

A snowy commute to work this morning. I had falling snow for the first 5km and then it abated. 

There is something really lovely about cycling through the forest before dawn with good headlights. The ice and snow crunching under your (studded) tyres is quite enchanting. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Big J said:

Dropping to consistently below freezing by the weekend. Really chuffed about that as hovering around freezing means a lot more ice than solidly below. 

Forecast 211123.png

How you doing Jonathan . You seem happy now in your new life . Long may it continue matey . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

How you doing Jonathan . You seem happy now in your new life . Long may it continue matey . 

Yeah, very good thanks! 

Busy as hell between family, work and cycling over 1000km a month. We're all looking forward to the ski season (end of Dec/start of January hopefully).

Spending a lot of time on the bike (much of which is commuting now, and I've got three cycle tours that I'm leading for a UK holiday company next year) gives me a lot of time to process the stresses of day to day life. I didn't have that in the UK, and it'd be hard to find hours and hours of traffic free cycling anywhere in GB sadly. 

• Like 5

Properly sub zero here now. Went out for 67km of gravel cycling this morning on crisp, frozen (but ice and snow free) tracks and gravel/sand roads. Between minus 2 and 4c all the way around.

I think we'll see minus 10c this weekend, and maybe a bit colder next week. Good chance of seeing aurora borealis tomorrow evening too :D

• Like 3