leaving for australia any advice?

samladd

Hi there whats the situation if you are over 30 and want to go for 2or 3 months to work ? I know under 30s can get a year working visa that's great if under the big 30

Is there any other way round this problem if you are over 30 ? Can a company sponsor you ect ?

Any info would be great as considering looking into a tree work holiday as now have no ties this end to keep me here

Thanks littletree:thumbup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there whats the situation if you are over 30 and want to go for 2or 3 months to work ? I know under 30s can get a year working visa that's great if under the big 30

Is there any other way round this problem if you are over 30 ? Can a company sponsor you ect ?

Any info would be great as considering looking into a tree work holiday as now have no ties this end to keep me here

Thanks littletree:thumbup:

Hi Littletree, if you have no ties just chance it- i did 2 - 3mth stints on a holiday visa and ended up working 6 days a week, They are really short of skilled climbers and if your good you wont be out of work, sound advice from Taupotreeman get in with the locals down at the RSL Clubs and bond:lol: youl have great fun, each time i was over there i was offered sponsership even at my age and when i was there 1st i was 37 2nd time 38, no probs finding work. I would love to live there, and if the wife ever gets rid of me il be gone like a shot:thumbup1:

Heck i am tempted. I am 38 and my missus has taken a job in shropsire (i live 30 miles from lands end) and TBH i feel thAT i could go out there for the summer hols while my son is at my missus' place.......I would LOVE to get out of europ again- its been 6 years!!

tommer, you have to do these things while you are still young enough to enjoy the opportunity to its fullest. My old man had the chance to go to Canada when he was younger but chose the family route instead. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't regret it but he always tells me that he can't do the things now that he would have been able to do then because of his age etc.

Kjames is right; the ozzies are a good bunch and easy to get on with. Work is plentiful and country wide. They are justifiably proud of their country and will help out and show you around etc at any given opportunity. You feel like one of the locals within days.

I went to Oz back in 94/95 and it was that trip that made up my mind that England wasn't for me. You never know, Oz might gain itself a few new residents.

oz is great, id happily go back there to live after spending nearly 2 years out there working in forestry and land reclamation. take plenty of sun cream as others have said, go out and enjoy yourself and get off the beaten track some amazing places outside the hustle and bustle of urban areas. Oh and dont give the police any stick as they dont mess about!!