Selling THE BULK BAG

Logarithm

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very good thread in that I've been thinking this.... No matter what you tell the public they compare prices of a .65 bag to a full 1 cube....

It's only when they see it they then realise...

I'm committed to the cubic meter bags now as have 400 but part of me thinks it may have been a good idea to have .65 bags as well.... too late for me though :biggrin:

we sell vented cubic meter bags, for £80 a bag, some people are over the moon with the logs,and say wow you get a lot,,and some go "is that all",,theres no pleasing some people,,,but we sell out,,,I bag up all our crap conifer,popular willow etc,,and sell it from the yard for £50 a bag in builders sacks,,,0.6,,,,,we have a regular supply of people who come hunting for bargins,,,we also sell sawmill off cuts in builders sacks,,as they dont cost £7 each,,,recycled from builder mates,,,

Sorry sent before I finished,bloody touch phones!!!!

What I wanted to say was that new to buying bulk bag customers can relate to a dumpy bag because they have seen them around and are happy paying £55-£65 ish for it,because they are the figures they generally here their friends and neighbours pay, if you say £80-£90 for a 1m3 bag you are on the back foot and don't always get a chance to explain the quantity you are selling as they are already dialling the next log supplier!

I'm going to keep going with the cubic metre bags and increase to £95 but I will also do a 0.65 bag at around £65 so I'm catching the Market at each end so to speak,existing customers will have except the increase or they can buy the smaller bag.

I think with money being tight it's an idea to offer a choice ; )

L.

I sell by the m3 IBC container but got fed up with customers saying they could get a m3 builders bag cheaper when it was in fact only .65 at the most so I now also do half m3 bags .8x.8x.8 which competes directly with the builders bag. The full m3 IBC is £100 and the half m3 bag £55 with nearly all customers opting for the IBC which I want because there easier to handle mechanically.

Edited by renewablejohn

Sorry sent before I finished,bloody touch phones!!!!

What I wanted to say was that new to buying bulk bag customers can relate to a dumpy bag because they have seen them around and are happy paying £55-£65 ish for it,because they are the figures they generally here their friends and neighbours pay, if you say £80-£90 for a 1m3 bag you are on the back foot and don't always get a chance to explain the quantity you are selling as they are already dialling the next log supplier!

I'm going to keep going with the cubic metre bags and increase to £95 but I will also do a 0.65 bag at around £65 so I'm catching the Market at each end so to speak,existing customers will have except the increase or they can buy the smaller bag.

I think with money being tight it's an idea to offer a choice ; )

L.

i think you have found a good end to your issue. well done!

Personally i think its important to offer a range of load sizes. I typical do 0.65, 1.2 and 1.8 cube size loads but can accomodate larger sizes if needed. I dont want to loose a customer due to being to rigid on load size. I appreciate if i was a bigger bet up that more load sizes can create problems but for me it works well.

I dont understand why you dont just put your price up and keep the 1cube bags?

I sell 0.65cube bulk bags @ £65 and sell them with ease. Works really well for me as they are my half load, my pick up being 1.2 cube.

i charge £80 for 1.3-1.5m3... [bucket is 1.3m3 but depending how hard you push it into heap and how careful you are about level filling it can go up to 1.5m3].. does seem a builders bag of any size does get a premiumn... they sell 1.2m3 bags for £100 round here....