Flipping customers.....ggrrrrrrr

Pedroski

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The numbers in the bank are the most important thing to me , if I have as much as possible at my disposal then I can do what I want when I want and i am not being controlled be anyone else.

it's the way I am. There is nothing worse to me( health excluded ) than seeing something you want or wanting to go somewhere and I can't because I do not have the money I have earnt!!

there is absolutely no reason for it, just because a company makes up little rules this is nonesense to me, it's just an excuse to control you.

you can say, maybe I won't get anymore work , maybe they will use someone else . As far as I am concerned they can.

Its my way, it works for me.

remember I used to do it another way , the way I felt was right at the time, now I do it a way I have been taught, and my life is rosey.

we shall never agree on this, we do not have to.

there is more than 1 wat to skin a cat :)

I get paid roughly 4 months after i have done the work, if i want it sooner i just ring up and they send me a cheque, I know my money is safe with this one big customer, who has become a personel friend, afterall he is a multi multi millionaire, who rents his house, and goes around in a 11 year old van.

I stand in front of my clients with a credit card machine... they have no excuses then. 99% will pay you instantly that way and its straight in the bank.

Purely out of interest what is the cost of doing it that way?

I am always surprised that so many people seem to have problems getting paid. In 16 years I have only had one non payment (around £150 iirc) and only a few late payments that needed more chasing that I care to do. Two other companies went into liquidation when it was trendy to do so.:sneaky2: but again it wasn't a big sum of money.

For that reason I try to never worry about getting paid as It can just be another stress factor if you let it.

• 1 month later...
Those ones who send you an email to say how pleased they are with your hard work.....and then say they'll pay you when they come back from holiday next week.......

Nice.

argh! emails lol. whats wrong with a good old fashioned telephone call, I think it's a fast disapearing skill! Now days when I get new customers I aways give them my landline and if they want to talk to me, they can phone me in the evening when my days work is done and I'll have a chat with them then!

I dont mind talking to fellow trademen during the day however, they get my mobile number :thumbup1:

2 prices. One for payment on completion of job. One 25% more for payment on 30 day terms.

You HAVE to have this clearly stated on the quote.

It works for me.

I recently done this for a Barrister, the thing was though he paid half of what i quoted for up front and said if i do a good job without breaking anything would pay the rest upon completion, did the job well, no breakages, so when it came to final payment he conveniently forgot what was originally said, so reminded him that full payment once job was complete or pay late and receive late payment interest. He said he had other work for me and will pay in full once the other job was complete. 3 weeks later, he not only paid for the previous job with interest added on, paid for other job in full when that was complete, with another £100 on top for being patient etc, how chuffed was i:001_smile:

Your lucky only a week, got 1 customer finds me a lot of work how takes amounth to pay. Talking to the bloke that works for him if his boss sends someone a bill wants payment in fortnight, last time text him to ask about payment and sent bank details payed next day.

I recently done this for a Barrister, the thing was though he paid half of what i quoted for up front and said if i do a good job without breaking anything would pay the rest upon completion, did the job well, no breakages, so when it came to final payment he conveniently forgot what was originally said, so reminded him that full payment once job was complete or pay late and receive late payment interest. He said he had other work for me and will pay in full once the other job was complete. 3 weeks later, he not only paid for the previous job with interest added on, paid for other job in full when that was complete, with another £100 on top for being patient etc, how chuffed was i:001_smile:

Good, its a nice feeling when that happens,

But £100 here and there is chicken feed to these guys, a top London barrister is on 10k a day.

Just done a 3 day job with a team of 3.

Other than knocking the head off a lamp post it went very well indeed.

The client (French of course I being in Frenchy-ville) thrust a cheque into my associates hand he turned off the blower.

French Connection U.K ME! Thats rare!

Normally they ask you to send the bill.

When do I get time for typing up bills?

Thank you Monsewer Tomas

Ty