What Welder have you got?

Billy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sip acknowledge there is a problem and sell a retro fit kit to brace the roller mounts which is just a piece of pressed plate but still want plenty of cash for it. Tried it with new liner in the torch and the new rollers on the feed but it didn't make much difference. Euro torch fitting would be a big improvement

I did find some stuff about tha ton mig wleding forums before hand, but one of my friends has the same machine and does a fair bit of welding, he's made 30 pairs of garage doors, a good few truck bodies and the like with it and can;t fault it so good enough for patching up the odd bit on the chipper and such like, it seemed like its an eays fix if you are bothere dby it anyway from what i read.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Got ARC,MIG and Gas and to be honest its normally the ARC I end up using. Any welding I do is normally repair stuff, I normally use Gas for cutting and Arc for welding the MIG is great when it runs but a right pain in the rear when it starts playing up then you have the gas issue which is not to bad for me as I have an account and can get a bottle for a week and just pay for the gas. To be honest my welding isn't up to industry standard :-) but the stuff usually stays stuck with the arc welder :-)

a small mig originally bought to repair the van floor so it paid for itself over & over. now stands redundant. gas oxy/acetylene (full size and mini bottle) left me account go so when these are empty I cant see me ever using them again, great for the odd job like brazing the galvanised watering can that burst in the winter last year (galv & welding, yes I know)

All very handy when you need them but just takes up room when you dont.

• 3 weeks later...

i just got myself last night a 180 amp migatronic but now on the look for a welding bottle now and a gas supplier near me as i only use every preston guild etc i dont want a rental contract but want a mix of argon/co2 for decent welding so want to stay away from pub bottles etc has anybody got any advice please