Mans best friend

welwell

How much gets spent on booze and how many work days are lost through hangovers or booze related illness. I am not going to claim any figures but I bet you that’s a lot more than we send to Africa. Out of interest where did you see the 75% figure?

Oh and the enemy in “I Robot” was a computer that had achieved HUMAN sentience.

Andy

It was the corelation between spending money on dogs welfare V's Human welfare that shocks me. But take heart, the difference in the states is even more pronounced. The 75% came from literature in a doctors waiting room, sorry don't have web reference to it. The I robot reference was used to illustrate a point about society's acceptance of something that is wholly not good for it, to take the analogy further I am the Will smith/Jesus character preaching the news. Hey it was a playful thing. Don't run with it.

I had an Alsation from the RSPCA. Great yard dog, always protected the house, kids leapt all over him and he enjoyed it. Superb hound.

But

My daughter had her face and head badly chewed by ex father in laws Lurcher. Hated that dog from the moment they took it in. (its was no good at Hare coursing).

A dog is as good as it`s owner!

It takes many years to train any dog to obey all comands all the time.

I have 2 dogs one is a german shepherd and the other a springer spaniel , both are obedient and i have never had any trouble woth the kids jumping on them or pulling thier tails, but again the kids also have to learn that a dog feels pain and should never be encouraged to hurt them or pester them for ages as with all animals or humans they will snap if pushed had enough it i natural.

I used to take my sringer with me to work all the time and it made training alot easyer as i could do bits now and then .

Easyest way to decide is think could you take Rover for a 30+ minute walk after a long wet, cold day up a tree and your totally knackered theres a good programe on TV you want to watch but Rover needs his walkies!!?

I have lived with dogs all my life and i think i would miss not having one around but sometimes life would be easyer

I tried to find it on the net but could'nt so no pics, apparently the dog was some sort of record breaker, I was told this by a neighbour though.

My dog weighs in at 55kg, I reckon the dog was an English Mastiff sorry to split hairs..:001_smile:

Mastiffs were bred as game keepers dogs they tend to smother and pin you down , rather than chew your face off, which is a good thing considering they have one of the most powerful jaws in the canine world

For the record my dogs lives out doors..