Retrievable redirect

treepanda

Nice and simple that, nice one!

What do you think of tenex's durability? Thinking of splicing up some rigging gear with it....

Out of interest how many of you use a shackle on the tail of your line/throwline so its truly retrievable as apposed to removable.

I've found Tenex to be fine in static situations.

I've spliced some split tails with it and I've made a ropeguide that uses 9mm tenex spliced directly onto the Pinto rig.

Although I wouldn't use it for friction hitches on a hitchclimber, I've seen hip prussics for lanyards made of tenex.

A good idea but I am lost to see how it is retrievable when you are using a ropeguide?

The line would go up and remove the ropeguide, then the whole lost would be pulled to the top krab in the picture and then your banjo'ed. The ropeguide or cambium wouldn't not get through the first krab.

Or am I missing something and being an uber-numpty?

Edit: I was being thick as mince, got it now.

A good idea but I am lost to see how it is retrievable when you are using a ropeguide?

The line would go up and remove the ropeguide, then the whole lost would be pulled to the top krab in the picture and then your banjo'ed. The ropeguide or cambium wouldn't not get through the first krab.

Or am I missing something and being an uber-numpty?

Edit: I was being thick as mince, got it now.

if your using a ropeguide the shackle for retrieval isnt needed. the working end will go through the biner then through the ropeguide, pull the ropeguide out then the whole lot gets stuck in the 2nd biner of the redirect and pulls out

did that make sense?