Cold Land Rover?

Tom D

I saw the other land thread and noticed a few people complaining about the heaters.... landy heaters can blow hot air but may need adjusting to do so..

When I bought my old land rover the guy told me the heater didn't work, but as I had stripped it right down to re-furb it I had the heater off any way. I put it all back together and it did work but was only luke warm....

Which it appears most land rover heaters are right???

Well try this: open the bonnet and have someone operate the hot / cold lever in the cab while you watch the levers move on top of the heater unit. Make a note of the max cold and max hot positions on the heater unit, then with the cab lever at max hot check the lever on the unit, there will most likely be some extra travel, this is where the hot air is!, re-adjust the linkage so that max hot in the cab gives max hot on the heater, this is a bit fiddly but worth the effort. you now should be getting proper hot air.:001_smile:

I saw the other land thread and noticed a few people complaining about the heaters.... landy heaters can blow hot air but may need adjusting to do so..

When I bought my old land rover the guy told me the heater didn't work, but as I had stripped it right down to re-furb it I had the heater off any way. I put it all back together and it did work but was only luke warm....

Well try this: open the bonnet and have someone operate the hot / cold lever in the cab while you watch the levers move on top of the heater unit. Make a note of the max cold and max hot positions on the heater unit, then with the cab lever at max hot check the lever on the unit, there will most likely be some extra travel, this is where the hot air is!, re-adjust the linkage so that max hot in the cab gives max hot on the heater, this is a bit fiddly but worth the effort. you now should be getting proper hot air.:001_smile:

I will be doing that this weekend when dads 110 comes out of the garage.

HI tom my heater very in my old 110 tipper mate it you like very good heater get a disco 3 heater they cost £1750 plus fitting the price of a old land rover :lol:jon

Good advice Tom. Its exactly what i did and mine is toasty as hell now. I have the viscous coupled fan on my 300tdi, so when idling the engine won't really heat up like on jap stuff/ cars etc, and in the winter i put a board in front of the rad too, making sure the intercooler isnt covered. Removing the viscous fan and replacing with electric will get over this problem and also give a few more horsepower.

I had heater problems once so stripped it down only to find there was no fan within the heater set up which does tend to play a key part in the heat blowing process lol, on a different landy i had a raised air intake in to the heater blower to get the heat forced through as the fan was not up to much also with he same adjustments as tom said and worked a treat (by treat i mean having to only wear a jumper instead of a jacket too lol)

Had a look in my hilux the fan did seem quite vicious but cant find any hi lift high rise air filter thingies or any adjustments. The heater is as hot as hell so will leave it alone I think as there is a label on the engine that says if you feel the need to fiddle with things buy a Landrover :biggrin: