Rope Wrench feedback

Thanks Ian, I have seen that small Rowan dismantle!

It doesn't really highlight the RW though. I'd really like to see a climb from bottom to top on a busy tree. Setting your TIP for the whole job with a throwline is a rare event in the real world.

I was impressed by Reg's comments and Carls revelation that you can take the RW and work DDRT if you want.

I have all the bits already apart from the RW and the tether.

The RW I would have to buy.

The tether I would just offer my friend Drew B multiple beers and he would splice one for me out of virgins hair.

You can climb to the top of the tree with the RW connected up but still clip in and out via DdRT and your lanyard....no need for two lanyards or anything like that....and then choke your line as SRT if you need to do some cutting and climbing along the way.

Being able to choke your line to any part of the tree is a major plus also....if you dont like the look of a particular crotch then you can just set the line below, on bare wood if you like. Same when working down a pole, set your climb-line under the flip line as normal, the RW doesn't change the configuration....but then choke it off and bail-out as and when you need to.

We took out a cluster of firs on wednesday....I'm not sure a video would really do it justice unless you followed a script to highlight all the options; as a technique SRT really needs to be experienced to be appreciated. Nobody was a bigger cynic of than I in the past, but I'll never go back to all that hand-over-hand pulling yourself up nonsense.

I'll try and get some video in the New Year of how it works for me....probably not the same for everyone, but the logic of DdRT is seeming more and more backwards as the days pass by since the last time I used it.

Just buy one Mark, dont mess about mate. Use it exclusively for a week and see how you feel thereafter....personally I feel a whole lot fresher, and with some renewed entusiasm for spurless climbing might I add:thumbup1:

Edited by RC0

Drew-Just out curiosity how much are the RW's here?

Around $180 Adam. Just bought one for the arb unit. Going to have a play with it once newby has got it mastered (he can teach me) then I might even buy another one if I can sneak the order number past the boss. It looks like a good bit of kit but having not done any SRT work I'm on a big learning curve at the moment. May as well dive in at the deep end eh.

Around $180 Adam. Just bought one for the arb unit. Going to have a play with it once newby has got it mastered (he can teach me) then I might even buy another one if I can sneak the order number past the boss. It looks like a good bit of kit but having not done any SRT work I'm on a big learning curve at the moment. May as well dive in at the deep end eh.

Hmmm i could nearly justify that...but still loving the SJ

Hmmm i could nearly justify that...but still loving the SJ
I used to love my 6.0 Dodge, or at least thats how I justified having it....false economy. Shoulda bought a Hilux, woulda saved me a packet over the years. Just sayin