Rope Wrench feedback

Okay so it's Xmas and I might take the plunge of the ZK-2, why I ask myself?good question, but it seems that I have the tendency to try and relate to what people think is good and bad.

But I have sat down and thought about how it could make my life easier in certain situations, I used the ZK-1 but never got on with the way I set it up, but now all of you have been getting "stiffys" it seems function much better.

Any tips for the set up and where you find it best use

Hey Stuart, I use it on 1st access & keeping in the tree as a rescue line if working ddrt on the O rig or lj. 2nd for quick up down d woods, rd side lifts, hailo pruning or tip backs from buildings. Thats if I get my throw line in to around where I want ish within first few throws (no need to isolate which is a BIG plus for me!) 3rd those up down trees (multiple spars) re-direct heaven. 4th the pants anchor point trees where I use a sort of fishing rod tie in type set up as I would in some rig down tec's except I pre load my final point to create a static point & do the same with re-directs off of it.

It is not my primary source of climbing tec's, but I am finding more use for it & enjoying the learning of applications & limitations at the mo.

Still on the zk1 with a small stffy, prob 4/5 inch with a knut & hc, which works well for me due to little sit back & good engagement of the wr in assent.

It is a welcome bit of kit that I use as & when I need to.

I can see the day when it clicks for more jobs than I find at the mo.

Well worth spending your hard earnt imo even if it's for the srt assent/descent option.

I am told from pictures that my tether is too short, should be longer and its best to be stiff as it advances the rope wrench better. Surely the optimum length of the tether for maximum efficiency will vary depending on what friction hitch you choose to tie, and the length of the Eye-to-Eye friction cord used?? This right? Or am i talking Pish?? I am new to this RW thing!!