Rope Wrench feedback

Called my insurance company today to ask them about climbing on srt, i was more than certain before the call that they wouldn't have a clue, the lady I spoke to said that I need to follow health and safety guidelines and industry best practice which is along the lines of what i thought i would hear. From what i know SRT rope access is part of industry best practice as I was taught it on my CS38 but what about for work positioning?

My insurance company is tree surgeon insurance services, if that is of any relevance.

Also another question, how is everyone retreiving there anchor point? i.e. running bowline, ive seen the cambium saver set up but that means you have to run the tail end your not climbing on to the ground, would the not get in the way? At the moment im climbing to my anchor then changing over to DDRT and getting out the tree, Is that the easiest way?

What aspect of your insurance do you think would be effected by you climbing on SRT.

I assume you mean public liability insurance, so how would your liability to a third party be effected by SRT?

What aspect of your insurance do you think would be effected by you climbing on SRT.

I assume you mean public liability insurance, so how would your liability to a third party be effected by SRT?

Yes I meant PL sorry, Just that they cover me under industries best practice and if im not following that and something was to happen etc, where would i stand. :001_smile:

Just making sure. If im completely wrong i can stop thinking about it :001_smile:

Yes, but how would working SRT change your liability to a third party? If you drop something on someones head as they pass under the tree then the method of climbing is the least of your problems.

Its not personal cover that you have its PL, and that is more to do with your management of your worksite than it does to climbing methods. For any major claim it would go to an independant "expert witness" to decide if you are negligable, and only if the SRT was the cause of the incident would it be an issue. And they would look at how you assessed the risk of the entire job and how you went about it.

Remember that if you fall out of the tree while using SRT or any other method then thats your tough luck and PL doesnt cover that, unless you injure someone that you land on!

Called my insurance company today to ask them about climbing on srt, i was more than certain before the call that they wouldn't have a clue, the lady I spoke to said that I need to follow health and safety guidelines and industry best practice which is along the lines of what i thought i would hear. From what i know SRT rope access is part of industry best practice as I was taught it on my CS38 but what about for work positioning?

My insurance company is tree surgeon insurance services, if that is of any relevance.

Also another question, how is everyone retreiving there anchor point? i.e. running bowline, ive seen the cambium saver set up but that means you have to run the tail end your not climbing on to the ground, would the not get in the way? At the moment im climbing to my anchor then changing over to DDRT and getting out the tree, Is that the easiest way?

Most of the time I switch back to Ddrt to work the last part of the tree then come down but I swap between SRT and Ddrt all the time just for the hell of it.

Yes, but how would working SRT change your liability to a third party? If you drop something on someones head as they pass under the tree then the method of climbing is the least of your problems.

Its not personal cover that you have its PL, and that is more to do with your management of your worksite than it does to climbing methods. For any major claim it would go to an independant "expert witness" to decide if you are negligable, and only if the SRT was the cause of the incident would it be an issue. And they would look at how you assessed the risk of the entire job and how you went about it.

Remember that if you fall out of the tree while using SRT or any other method then thats your tough luck and PL doesnt cover that, unless you injure someone that you land on!

Yes making sense, making sure that if something was to happen it couldnt be blamed on srt but in the sense of it all, it will be hard to pin point it on srt as such. thanks alot :001_smile:

Arran, I thought you were not long out off college?

Have you started up on your own then?

On another note, after you finished your work climb did a fella shout Aaron and mistakingly you said yes? If so that was me...

Yes, been running my own thing since i learnt to drive in my first year, and just about to finish my second year on friday thats studying horticulture, but few things happening at the moment work wise so i might be climbing for someone else which is a positive thing :001_smile:

Cant remember I was so nervous/ buzzing from my spur of the moment enter a climbing comp, i cant remember lol :001_smile: