Rope Wrench feedback

Work out your preffered hitch, then measure it's length once set and dressed. Order your tether marginally longer so there isn't any interference between the two

Ok, I think I'm probably going to be better tying my own e2e temporarily a bit shorter, experiment with different knots and see what I like. I'm still getting to grips with the hitchclimber and VT.

It's a steep learning curve, all I've used has been prussic knots/ prussic loops since the eighties. Lets see if you can teach an old dog new tricks.:lol:

Anyone tried running a Machard with the wrench? I won a prussik loop in the comp the other weekend and I fancied giving it a try. Can't think of any other purpose for it:sneaky2:

This is what I was thinking, seems ok low and slow. I'll give it a run at work tomorrow. Could end up as a really compact system, just needs a shorter tether....

20130520_180620.jpg.542d379862cff1293e0fbd55b008915b.jpg

Quick question, is it ok to put a maillon through my spliced eye and then round the working end to cinch it up? Will it put the splice under a strange load? Also, once at the TIP I find it awkward to tie the butterfly with the weight of the rope, it there a method you find better?

Ah good thinking Kevin 😃

Were you trying to say a butterfly and maillon is a good combo on the last bit you typed, can't quite work it out? What's your opinion on the maillon in the spliced eye for advancing to the TIP? It would make a nice weight for chucking to a higher limb?

Ah good thinking Kevin 😃

Were you trying to say a butterfly and maillon is a good combo on the last bit you typed, can't quite work it out? What's your opinion on the maillon in the spliced eye for advancing to the TIP? It would make a nice weight for chucking to a higher limb?

Have you got a zk1 or a zk2 gerbutt?

Sent using My c