Rope Wrench feedback

Well done mate. I was really disappointed when I read your earlier posts on this thread.

As soon as you get the new technique dialed in, you'll hate yourself for not climbing SRT years ago.

You won't regret this purchase.

Even if you only ever use it for long ascents you will not regret getting one mate.

Make sure you get the removable pin as well, makes it so much more user friendly.

yeah maybe i was being a bit hasty before and i can understand the leg power overules arm power. and the things i have issues with i can only give it ago, but as you say mark even if i only use it to enter the tree aint going to be all sad and there is no harm in trying, will order from HB and make sure i get the removable pins to.......:thumbup:

With this....6mm Ocean Vectran Loop with stainless steel DMM thimble

Like this.....

The Ovi O is girth hitched between the wrench and the top ultra o krab on the HC pulley. I find its a good length as a tether as its short ,compact and pretty hard to get snagged or wrapped around the top of the wrench. Thanks to Cary for this one. Hope that helps.. :001_smile:

002.jpg.a00f2b5e43fe818b3cafc0e07715e356.jpg

DSC04391.jpg.ba837a1ba18afa580297032680acdb01.jpg

RW is the new god!

I did an Oak reduction today and the process through the tree really really clicked.

I'm aware, as we all are on DRT the process is to deal with the tree in sections, like cutting a cake and to move through all the gaps to avoid friction on the rope.

Today I realised that instead of avoiding branches and friction, it is better to aim for the branches as they are multiple options for redirects.

Because of this I didn't divide the tree like a cake but rather 'walked across the top' pruning as I moved then did the sides in only three sections.

I expected a 4hr job, it took 2hrs! (Granted, it was overpriced).

Damn, I'm such a sad git!