Sleep

Big J

Sleep - something you take for granted until you can't get any/enough (much like good health I suppose).

I can't remember the last time I had a good nights sleep. I wake up throughout the night, and find myself falling asleep at 8pm on the sofa because I'm so tired. Even then, it doesn't translate to a good night's snooze.

Any tips for getting sleep?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also hit the sack late, around 12 onwards. It is very tempting to fall asleep on the sofa in front of the fire, but dont. It will wreck your sleep pattern. You will power nap. And your body and mind will wake when you wake to go up to bed.

Work hard in the day. Eat well, when you get home around7-8. Then go to bed when you feel really tired. Take a few deep breaths when your in bed, just to relax your body....................Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Again don't eat after 8pm.... I find this can keep me awake.

Yoga - won't be an instant fix and you need a good teacher (there's a lot of bad ones out there.... very bad!). But over a few weeks you should see the benefits.

Get into a good sleep routine. I.e. watch telly, clean teeth, read in the same order and amount each night.

No cat napping or dozing - some people do well napping and others don't..... I find if I doze at 7pm for 30 mins it's harder to get to sleep.