Climbing at heights!!

The Tree Hunter

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing that does get the blood pumping and the leg dancing is climbing at night under head torch light. carrying out emergency treeworks for electric companies at night in all weathers is great. Even in the rain an snow etc it just feels good helping people get their power back on as well as just the adrenalin rush. climbing with a headtorch is quite surreal just you the tree and the elements, the tree takes on a whole different persona. if you get the chance just try climbing under torchlight it's ace.

one thing that does get the blood pumping and the leg dancing is climbing at night under head torch light. carrying out emergency treeworks for electric companies at night in all weathers is great. Even in the rain an snow etc it just feels good helping people get their power back on as well as just the adrenalin rush. climbing with a headtorch is quite surreal just you the tree and the elements, the tree takes on a whole different persona. if you get the chance just try climbing under torchlight it's ace.

Its OK, but I HATE slug's!!! and they are allover trees at night, you get that slim on your hands and you can't get it off :thumbdown:

The main thing is confidence in your gear, once you realize that your rope and crabs are pretty much bomb prof, then any fear would be fairly irrational, IMO.

Could,nt agree more,its all about trusting youre gear and confidence.I had to climb a Redwood when I was first starting out,pushed myself to the top or I would never have been able to call myself a climber.

you do the same thing wether your 10ft or 100ft off the ground..itjust takes longer for stuff to fall.i allways know when im comfortable up a tree because i start whistling

i whistle or sing but i think it's more of a distraction thing when things get a bit heavy. seems to work. heights seem to be more of an issue depending on what your doing. if your 80ft up deadwooding then you have all the branches around you making you feel safe. but when you've turned the tree into a pole then you feel more exposed and at risk.

it's potentially massive swings, which scare me. thats an actual risk.