Now here is the ultimate forwarder!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've been bouncing along the outside of this brilliant Forum for all too long, but the fact we run a similar machine has made me dip a toe in!

I was actually tipped off about this machine and to be perfectly honest if I hadn't just blown all my funds on another Low Gound Pressure Kubota excavator then I'd have been after it.

Congratulations on getting hold of it and you'll certainly not regret it.

We run a Kubota Rg60 which is the same machine apart from the engines, ours runs a 5 cylinder naturally aspirated Kubota which is incredible on fuel and ultra reliable. We had the choice of the Mitsubishi turbo Ld400, but as our main application was to be Post Knocking we decided it could be a little more thirsty and something else to go wrong.

We have made many mods including full bio oils, full skidplates/guarding and a front mounted 3 point linkage.

Having lookes at all the other 3 point linkage conversions we decided they took too much away from being a standard dumper and would restrict a crane setup such as on this machine.

We had professionally fitted a modified forklift mast to give a true vertical lift and be as close fitting as posssible.

It also gives the ability to simply lift off the sliding portion leaving a very substantial front plate that has the no restriction on approach/departure angles.

Since fitting however we have found the mast actually helps to balance the machine better when loaded (especially longer timber) and has no effect on approach/departure so remains in place at all times.

It has two way rams with substantial lift and enough pushdown to easily lift the machine up.

In addition a separate valve block was added with a nice set of joystick controls giving auxiliary hydraulics for things like a hydraulic powered two way tailgate and a full flow/free return for a post knocker or patu stroke delimber.

It has turned out really well and the perfect addition to such a machine.

Regarding the crane, we have looked at many ideas for the perfect setup but not taken the plunge yet as we can't quite get what we want?

It'll be interesting to follow this machine and your thoughts from actual experience to see what you would consider changing.

For now we load the dumper with my LGP Kubota excavators fitted with Engcon Tiltrotators and grabs.

We can get a load on in seconds with the 8 Tonner and once the Dumper Operator is trained to tip in a sensible manner then the excavator simply stays over a little longer at the end of the day to stack everything neatly.

We find Brash best handled into the standard skip with no tailgate and piled accross the skip overhanging the sides if access permits.

This means huge loads can be carried safely with the operator facing forwards, but once at the tip site he can reverse the seat and drive up the stack silage style making large tidy windrows.

The material being at 90 degrees to the tracks is easier to drive on without track damage and the material is left nicely ready for the crane on the big Zago shredder we usually hire in.

I'll post some pics of our setup and it would be useful to swap any contacts for parts as they are pretty expensive if required.

Eddie.

I've been bouncing along the outside of this brilliant Forum for all too long, but the fact we run a similar machine has made me dip a toe in!

I was actually tipped off about this machine and to be perfectly honest if I hadn't just blown all my funds on another Low Gound Pressure Kubota excavator then I'd have been after it.

Congratulations on getting hold of it and you'll certainly not regret it.

We run a Kubota Rg60 which is the same machine apart from the engines, ours runs a 5 cylinder naturally aspirated Kubota which is incredible on fuel and ultra reliable. We had the choice of the Mitsubishi turbo Ld400, but as our main application was to be Post Knocking we decided it could be a little more thirsty and something else to go wrong.

We have made many mods including full bio oils, full skidplates/guarding and a front mounted 3 point linkage.

Having lookes at all the other 3 point linkage conversions we decided they took too much away from being a standard dumper and would restrict a crane setup such as on this machine.

We had professionally fitted a modified forklift mast to give a true vertical lift and be as close fitting as posssible.

It also gives the ability to simply lift off the sliding portion leaving a very substantial front plate that has the no restriction on approach/departure angles.

Since fitting however we have found the mast actually helps to balance the machine better when loaded (especially longer timber) and has no effect on approach/departure so remains in place at all times.

It has two way rams with substantial lift and enough pushdown to easily lift the machine up.

In addition a separate valve block was added with a nice set of joystick controls giving auxiliary hydraulics for things like a hydraulic powered two way tailgate and a full flow/free return for a post knocker or patu stroke delimber.

It has turned out really well and the perfect addition to such a machine.

Regarding the crane, we have looked at many ideas for the perfect setup but not taken the plunge yet as we can't quite get what we want?

It'll be interesting to follow this machine and your thoughts from actual experience to see what you would consider changing.

For now we load the dumper with my LGP Kubota excavators fitted with Engcon Tiltrotators and grabs.

We can get a load on in seconds with the 8 Tonner and once the Dumper Operator is trained to tip in a sensible manner then the excavator simply stays over a little longer at the end of the day to stack everything neatly.

We find Brash best handled into the standard skip with no tailgate and piled accross the skip overhanging the sides if access permits.

This means huge loads can be carried safely with the operator facing forwards, but once at the tip site he can reverse the seat and drive up the stack silage style making large tidy windrows.

The material being at 90 degrees to the tracks is easier to drive on without track damage and the material is left nicely ready for the crane on the big Zago shredder we usually hire in.

I'll post some pics of our setup and it would be useful to swap any contacts for parts as they are pretty expensive if required.

Eddie.

come on, dont be shy, i think some pics are in order?? :thumbup:

Thanks for the very kind replies and to be quite honest I've been quite shy about dipping a toe in as yes I do get involved in an awful amount of tree work but come at it from another angle so to speak.

Some 25 years in the seat of most types of construction plant and coming from the Staffordshire Moorlands well used to some steep and wet going.

I can provide different solutions to many tasks with the kit I have but certainly don't want to jump in here as a blatant advert.

I'm currently away until next week so little access to the best stuff to post, but Charlieh will probably dig you up some more pics and links to you tube if you bully him enough.:001_smile:

Regarding the Engcon setup I'd rather explain it with a few pics as it has a few extra's but with the grab and proportional control setup there's about 20k on the Kubota.

Eddie