stihl's online sales policy

littlerob

So you are saying I am wrong and Jones weren't part of the pile it high sell it cheap gang?????

I am aware that its a global business policy, it has to be since Stihl use the same business model worldwide but it matters not how widespread the policy is, its the dealers offering heavily discounted goods on the internet that created the situation

HI TREE it not that all like i said the 1st week the world wide terms come in i was talking to the top man in stihl uk for 1 hr on phone they ring me back and we had a good old talk about i not to do with discounted at all if you like no more ring stihl uk and for the top man he tell you whythanks jon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it was to stop all the aussies and kiwis ordering them cheap from here as they are proper expensive down under and the distro there was gettin peeved

Whereabouts are you ? They may be cheaper in US but I don't think UK prices would justify Australians buying from here in UK. They have to add on taxes and duties there just same as we do from US don't they ? Everything is dear in NZ according to some friends who lived there, not just saws, they don't bother with carpet or duvet covers as they are luxuries.

HI TREE it not that all like i said the 1st week the world wide terms come in i was talking to the top man in stihl uk for 1 hr on phone they ring me back and we had a good old talk about i not to do with discounted at all if you like no more ring stihl uk and for the top man he tell you whythanks jon

Jon if you talk jibberish like you type I am surprised it only took an hour and you probably only got your name across:laugh1:

I heard every stihl dealer has the same discount on the rrp be it a internet person or a local dealer. Surely its better to buy in bulk sell slightly cheaper shift more, more of a risk tho. But local dealers usually buy a few and put them out at full price. Its know ones fault just stihls decision.

I heard every stihl dealer has the same discount on the rrp be it a internet person or a local dealer. Surely its better to buy in bulk sell slightly cheaper shift more, more of a risk tho. But local dealers usually buy a few and put them out at full price. Its know ones fault just stihls decision.

Yes the dealers get the items for about 50-60% of the rrp, with parts they then mark it up with a further price

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Dealers used to get a standard 30% discount on parts.

They could get higher discounts on things like oil, chains, strimmer line and the machines themselves but these were incremental...... The more they buy, the higher the discount, upto about 65-70% I think.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Whereabouts are you ? They may be cheaper in US but I don't think UK prices would justify Australians buying from here in UK. They have to add on taxes and duties there just same as we do from US don't they ? Everything is dear in NZ according to some friends who lived there, not just saws, they don't bother with carpet or duvet covers as they are luxuries.

the kiwi i work with is buying all his saws here before he goes home. his brother works at a stihl shop in NZ and can get them at cost there but its still way cheaper to buy here and ship.... for real.

Dealers get approx 30-35% off rrp

They usually give 20-25% if your good :)

On another note.... i rang a dealer today about a saw.... they quoted rrp straight away.... rang someone else who was 50.00 cheaper.... yet i've seen tonight someone selling sane saw for 77.00 cheaper than the rrp!