stihl's online sales policy

littlerob

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long time ago I was in negotiations with several manufacturers reps to supply machinery. I was going to set up an arb supply business which didn't happen:001_smile:

As I recall, and I may be wrong, the trade price was approx. 30% off list depending on the number of machines ordered. The 30% discount being offered by many dealers must be cutting very close to the bone.

I wish we did get 65-70% that'd be lovely!

The fact is the margins we as dealers make is far lower than you all may think.

The internet has done that to us all, whether it be machinery or climbing equipment.

Competition is fierce and as a result prices get slashed left right and centre to try and compete with one another. In some cases leaving very little profit.

Frustrating for us as dealers but just the way it is nowadays

Jon if you talk jibberish like you type I am surprised it only took an hour and you probably only got your name across:laugh1:

HI TREE theres no need to get like that is there ring stihl uk they will tell you why mate ive have lots mate in the trade this just old if you in the no you not right re %%%%%%% and theres no need to talk :thumbdown:like that is there thanks jon

Edited by mendiplogs

I think Stihl have done the right thing, if the internet sales killed off the dealers, where do you going to get stuff fixed?

A lot of us cant do our own spanner work, for various reasons, & rely on local dealerships to sort out issues/ warranty work.

Now a lot of you will slag off the dealer support, no wonder when they have had to cut their overheads to the bone, support your local dealer, or loose them.

I think Stihl have done the right thing, if the internet sales killed off the dealers, where do you going to get stuff fixed?

A lot of us cant do our own spanner work, for various reasons, & rely on local dealerships to sort out issues/ warranty work.

Now a lot of you will slag off the dealer support, no wonder when they have had to cut their overheads to the bone, support your local dealer, or loose them.

Use them or loose them !!!!!!!! You are right on this but if they offered a bit more in discount they would have all the market and the Internet sales would fold.

Bob

Use them or loose them !!!!!!!! You are right on this but if they offered a bit more in discount they would have all the market and the Internet sales would fold.

Bob

They can only do so much Bob, they have larger overheads, having said that my local dealer beat online sales when I go in there, probably because I & others I know use them without fail.:001_smile: