Husky 560 Vs Stihl 362

18 stoner

Looking into a new 60cc saw and need feedback!

I realise there have been threads scimming around about these saws, but would like to hear from anyone who has run both.

I am not after a slagging match, or comparison of brands but more information about feel of each saw. Like is the saw well balanced, feel of power, usability, ease of maintenance, any querky bits etc.

I realise there will not be loads of people out there who know both saws, but any info would be valuable at this time.

Many thanks, Pete.

The stihl simply because thay haven't all been recalled! The 560xp doesn't actually exist since there isn't one that works anywhere. To qualify as a saw it must work! :lol:

However, when the 560 comes to the market and works it will wipe the floor with the 362.

I wonder how long we'll be waitin'?!

Neither. I've got both - we bought 4x 362s at the apf and they're not as well made/durable as the older Stihl products. They are very plasticky and don't have the same grunt as the 361, and feel bulkier in use. They happily pull a 20 inch bar all day, and the engines haven't let us down yet though. On off switches, throttle handles etc are useless, and we've had a problem with needle roller bearings on 2 of them. I doubt I'll buy another.

However, the 560 is a total waste of time. They feel nicely balanced and are much smaller and lighter than the 362, but in use I think they perform like a saw from the next class down ie a ms261. The one I've got isn't as powerful as the 362. The real icing on the cake is the reliability issues - mine doesn't work half the time, so isn't actually fit for purpose. Husky have had it back trying to fix it for 3 weeks - apparently it's now sorted but I'll be having my money back if not when I finally get it back. I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole if I was you.

After initially not really liking my 362, it has grown on me a bit, but is still a million miles from its predecessor. However, from reading the 560xp thread I am VERY glad i bought the stihl not the husky this time, as although it has taken a LONG time to run in, it has not been at all unreliable.

560xp for me.. a freind of mine bought 4 about 3 weeks ago... they are all used 7-8 hours a day and are fantastic. i had a go on one today

As i said above edd if you get a good un there great if you get a duff one there pants luckly my dealer was very good and replaced mine with a 362 better to have a good saw than a great one that works when it wants to.:001_smile: