what is the biggest problem?

Dilz

The size and access of 99% of customers gardens.

There is feck all you can do about that.:001_tongue:

thats why we get called in in the first place isnt it? cos the bloke down the pub with a saw from netto cant fell the tree....but agree unless we use big cranes its a pain, i'm so glad i havent had to drag through some ones front room for a long time now....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pet hate............... the school run

when i worked for a company in oxford we use to start work early to avoid this...and try and miss the tush hour back....but until the next plague hits and wipes out half uks population then the traffic is as inevitable as bad weather....

i don't for a minute believe we can solve every problem we come across...but there are some that we can find solutions to or at least take steps, or change our point of view to realise that it really isn't that much of a problem ( the could you just?) and its by using these forums and information we can improve our industry but only through collective effort and sharing of knowledge etc. I am intersted to see which things crop up the most and not surprised so far.

WTF....:001_huh:

sorry.:blushing:..i meant it in an endearing manner....:thumbup1: Climbers round these parts get called it a lot, chimps are damn fine climbers i reckon......

i didnt mean to come across as insulting.. as you had imop hit the nail right on the head! why is it a problem if a customer says could you just... of course there are the little things that are really no bother, but if its a bit more than that charge em...your already there earning on the current job you are doing... and if they say in that case no then fine.... you can get back to your days plan as it where

In truth, I seem to have the customer side of things under control. I won't work for idiots who try and tell me how to do my job. You can weed them out at the quote stage.

My current PITA is bank transfers for payment. I stopped taking cheques this year. 90% are instant, but some still take 3 days. Grinds my beef. It's my money, not yours Santander, now put it in my account!

the people setting the price so low are not doing it by the book, they pay no tax, the pay no tipping fees, they dont buy tools, they nick em, and they have no insurance.:thumbdown:

Not in this area it isn't. There are firms who have been running for over 20 years working at £240 a day with 2 men and a chipper. Other companies knocking money off for the timber and using cheap labour.

thats why we get called in in the first place isnt it? cos the bloke down the pub with a saw from netto cant fell the tree....but agree unless we use big cranes its a pain, i'm so glad i havent had to drag through some ones front room for a long time now....

today even the trolley wouldnt get between the bungalow and a greenhouse,new it would be tight when i priced it.Brash had to be carried through at head height down the path to get it out.I was waiting all day for someone to tell me theyd broken a pane,but all ended ok.