what is the biggest problem?

Dilz

Its just unpleasant working in the rain, you either get wet or sweat horrible in waterproofs:thumbdown:

The wind blows stuff where you don't want it.

And people don't want you tramping over their lawn when it sopping wet.

Why don't you see people on the beech when its raining???????:001_rolleyes:

So....that would imply that there is a lack quality breathable water proofs out there that are suitable for the job at an affordable price is the problem i agree.....what would you want from your waterproofs and be willing to pay for? is £100 too much for stuff that does the job and lasts?

the wind....well yeah its a pain in the arse.....especially when chipping.....but could a modification be made to the shoot? or the chip box?

and lawns.........yeah....will think on that.....not too much you can do....but...how about some cheap plastic matting for the main drag? which is where most of the damage occurs right? that muddy path that gets them all tutting?

I dont see people on the beech when its raining coz im in the pub, miles away from the beach so i wouldnt know if they where there:001_tt2:....see plenty of people fishing on the canal though....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many answers do you want?

The customer who rings today and can't understand why you can't come out and price tonight and do the job tomorrow as he's more important than all your other customers.

The customer who rings at 10 at night.

The customer who can't undertsand why it costs so much to take down that 80 foot dead ash. after all, it's only a matter of having a ladder and a chainsaw.

Constant kit breakdowns. Constant kit breakdowns caused by over zealous staff.

The joke that surely you've never heard before: wrong branch you cut there, can you just stick it back on.

The customer that needs the job done ASAP but doesn't pay for months.

Hmmmm, seems to be a bit of a pattern emerging here.

just out of college tree surgeons expecting to earn hundreds because they have there tickets! :lol: :lol:....or even worse 2 weeks crash course tree surgeons.

Leylandi trees.

Costumers and non payers.

How the arbor gear industry rips us off! charing us prices like we earn a lot.

Leylandi trees.

Who tells em they can expect to earn hundreds? course providers? careers centers? how could we get the news out they don't? Is it simply a case that the information that is made available to the newbies is out of date because i know blokes i both forestry and arb who started 15 -20 years ago and earned more in the hour than most arb employees do now.

If you hate Leylandi so much dont cut em, if you do it for the money, well you cant hate em that much coz they pay the bills....

non payers are a chore but there are means and methods (legal ones mind) to get what you are owed right? so despite the inconvience this issue usually can be solved right?

I spent today with a bloke who is developing a piece of kit called the throw saw.....for what it does it sounds alot for the price....but not when you add up everything that has gone into it. You can buy basic treeclimbing kit that costs less than the fancy new toys, prusik over a lock jack, cambium saver over the ART....people have some choice in how much they invest in kit,

How many answers do you want?

The customer who rings today and can't understand why you can't come out and price tonight and do the job tomorrow as he's more important than all your other customers.

The customer who rings at 10 at night.

The customer who can't undertsand why it costs so much to take down that 80 foot dead ash. after all, it's only a matter of having a ladder and a chainsaw.

Constant kit breakdowns. Constant kit breakdowns caused by over zealous staff.

The joke that surely you've never heard before: wrong branch you cut there, can you just stick it back on.

The customer that needs the job done ASAP but doesn't pay for months.

Hmmmm, seems to be a bit of a pattern emerging here.

you forgot the customer who doesnt bring out a cup of tea

the customer who has built a greenhouse full of Ming-vases and rare orchids direclty under the tree in the time between the quote and turning up to do the job and seemed bemused as to why you inform them it is now going to cost more as it is not the same job.

i have a work phone and private phone, work phone goes on to answer machine only when its non work time, so i dont get that problem,

how can we stop your heavy handed work crew busting up your kit? impose fines or rewards for not doing so? is there a problem with the kit that the manufacture might be able to fix?

Customer awareness seams to be a very strong issue, tey dont know nor appreciate what it is we do....i agree, i want to solve this, not sure how....we can send leaflets, but who is going to pay? who is going to read? who is going to care? Any other ideas on this?

Yeah its only the ( Can you just ) Brigade that stress me out .

I have the answer to stop the "can you just...." stressing you out.

When asked just say yes, pick up your saw and head off, take 2 steps, pause in a half turn and say "you do know this is going to cost extra don’t you"

I have the answer to stop the "can you just...." stressing you out.

When asked just say yes, pick up your saw and head off, take 2 steps, pause in a half turn and say "you do know this is going to cost extra don’t you"

give this chimp a gold star! 'of course i can just do that and seeing as i am already here that will only be an extra £(enter you desired amount here).

the people setting the price so low are not doing it by the book, they pay no tax, the pay no tipping fees, they dont buy tools, they nick em, and they have no insurance.:thumbdown:

Agreed! or at least in part this group are a major thorn in the industry as they take alot of the bread and butter work away from us.....is there anything we could do??? what actions could be taken?> or at least attempt? (legally mind - i'd rather turn the isle of white in to some interent tv fight to death reality shoe for these swine....but the isle of white doesnt desreve such bad treatment) are these people affecting solely private clients? or are they nicking the bigger works as well?