BIG cedar with some scary bits

mistahbenn

Rarely do I comment on the bad-treework videos but that is just unreal.

and to think that they obviouslly edited many of the picks....so what was included musta been regarded as the good stuff!

One might conclude that it was actually a training day where only the students showed up and just made the best of it. Terrible, terrible crane-work....every aspect:thumbdown:

was wondering if the respected Mr :thumbup:coates might comment on the post, i am coming up to 6-7years of tree work have worked long hard and to gain the experiance that i have now its my opinion that we will all make mistakes or educated guesses I find it amazing that the we assusmed senior arb guys teaching this group of newbies alound there students to do such a job making truly raw dropping gaffs:thumbdown: it scares me to think of the standards of arbs that are being turned out.

Such as shame a good guy would have good that a great video an awsome cedar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the amount of people in the tree it did look like some kind of training day with students taking turns.... but that size timber for students/newbies?

If this was the case why not start off craning and making mistakes on smaller sections to get the feel of it first.

Google translate is your friend.

Part 1: "Regretfully, this cedar bicentennial had to be dismantled because of the danger he posed to residents living nearby. School construction site carried out by 20 trainees and apprentices in CS size and care of trees and three trainers."

Part 2: "Cedar doomed to slaughter following four expert. Following school site."

I was nervous just watching that, am surprised those climbers never got hit with one of those limbs.

Don't know what was worse the crane driver or the position of the chains chockering the limbs.

Scary viewing, think that day I would have been happier feeding the chipper.

Sent from my aye phone using Tapatalk

Nobody hurt, but the risks were far too high to justify that sort of work practice. I would have wanted much more time spent balancing those limbs so that they came off cleanly. As said above I'm glad the crane was a big one! If they were pulling big sections over and letting them fall why not just drop the limbs in much smaller sections. With 3-4 climbers the whole thing would be on the ground in a big pile in a few hours! Then the army of groundies would have cleared it all up in a few more!