Its all kicking off at dale farm!!

Pete Hart

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself quite a tolerant person but it seems to me that many of the 'travelling communtiy' do seem to think they are above the law. Many pay no income tax or national insurance, vehicles (often run on red diesel) are seldom taxed, mot'ed or insured and planning laws, as in this case are ignored. If caught they simply give a false name and fail to turn up in court.

There was a time many years ago when 'gypsies' as we called them then, really did have an alternative lifestyle, they travelled around the country in horse drawn caravans getting up to a bit of mischief but generally keeping themselves to themselves and not expecting anything from the rest of the populus. But today's 'travellers' are quite happy to use our health service and our schools without putting anything back into society. And how can you call yourself a 'traveller' if you've lived in the same place for 10 years?

If you want to be part of our society then play by our rules, end of.

Ditto the above.

I'm sure there still are travellers who live within the law and do contribute to society in their own way(my guess the minority). But if that's the case then they have nothing to fear or become aggrieved about.

We are all human beings, Axe murderers, psycopaths, mad dictators, bankers, child molestors, the full spectrum are all human.

However the individuals or groups behavouir dictates how they are regarded by the greater community.

I would very reasonably believe that the so called "travellers" appear to regard themselves as above the law, whilst preying on mostly decent, mostly law abiding, mostly tax paying citizens, preferably the older & more vunerable the better, and yes I could name two older people in the local Community so preyed apon.

And yes, I am aware there are dodgy locals as well.

I do appreciate that there will be some decent ones among them , but unfortunately the general "traveller" image is well deserved, and yes, they are not wanted in their "homeland" either, one wonders why?

PS

I witnessed 3 of them (=travellers) abuse a waitress in a motorway burger place in the middle of the afternoon, then by climbing over tables to be disruptive as possible, left without paying.

I have never witnessed such behaviour from any other group.

Did you do anything? And I dont necessarily mean "direct,Steven Seagal like roundhouse kicking action", alerting security etc can all be done and all make a hell of a difference.

Evil triumphs when good people do nothing. :)

The whole them and us attitude you take as far as travellers, the country is coming down with chancers from all over the world, but it seems to me that when the opportunity arises about the travelling community, there a group on here that always jumps on the bandwagon.

As I said before if they where black would you feel you could talk the way you do on a public forum about them? I think not, but because they are who they are it's a free for all.

No smoke without fire :001_rolleyes:

...abd cost us a lot of money we can't afford :001_smile:

Bit like when are chippers and grinders with trakers fitted turn up on a local site but it costs more than 30k to raid it and get them back so police don't bother.... It's got to be a joke I tell you!!

I sit completely on the fence. And have no views on people until I have met and known them for some time. But I will say that houses cost a fortune now and mortgages hard to come by. Jobs are getting scarce and social houses are few and far between. What are working class people going to do in the future. I know society needs rules to live by but they seem to be made up by a small upper class part of society for there own ends. Should people have to live by OUR rules. Especially the one that says I have to pay £170 a month rates:sneaky2:

Personally, I do not care if they are travelers, merchant bankers, politicians, rave dancers, suburban middle class or anything else. They have broken the law for many years and judgment has been given in favour of the local authority and that judgement is that that half of the site is returned to green belt - irrespective of who owns it or how much they paid for it or indeed their ethnicity.

Ethnicity is not the subject matter - broken planning law is.

The other "supporters" of the residents do not recognise this either and are therefore breaking the law and should be punished for their behaviour.

But I do agree that the press have not helped by highlighting the residents incorrect argument of ethnicity.

I have to agree entirly to this statement.

Can i also add. IMO if it wernt for all the ' extras' that have turned up in their 'support' would this issue really be as big ????