Do you need CS41 to carry out dismantling?

Al Duffill

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These questions get asked all the time and i think you will get a few different answers.

For employer and insurance yes but that would only ever be a problem if the hurt someone and there was a claim.

Well that's my view anyway am sure the country is full of men doing things without the appropriate tickets, it's ok's until it all goes wrong i suppose.

i think the question is are you employed or self-employed? If youre self-employed then it doesent matter a bean, but as an employee if something happened it could be argued that you should have had the specific training to show your compentence had been tried and tested. am i right here?

i think the question is are you employed or self-employed? If youre self-employed then it doesent matter a bean, but as an employee if something happened it could be argued that you should have had the specific training to show your compentence had been tried and tested. am i right here?

That's what I omitted from my post, I am employed and have asked to go on the course but to no avail, having the training and equipment to do these operations certainly would help myself and colleagues. We've only just been using a capstan thanks to me, no one seems aware or bothered about new techniques.

I just checked some of Bob's links, HSE say you need to be trained and competant by your employer, bingo!:thumbup1:

And yes, I do large fells with my 15" bar, takes forever :biggrin:

There was a bloke cut himself a few months back chogging down a stem. He had cs39, team leader had 41. Hse report said the climber wasn't trained for the task, nor would it acknowledge the supervision of the qualified boss as sufficient. Its a technicality, but without 40 or 41, you can't actually do anything in a tree with a chainsaw.cs39 appears to just be a gateway ticket to getting 40 and 41.

Also, are there any tickets for using bigger bars than 15"? I've got The old 32, the boss has 32 and the old 33, all courses done with 15"bars

There was a bloke cut himself a few months back chogging down a stem. He had cs39, team leader had 41. Hse report said the climber wasn't trained for the task, nor would it acknowledge the supervision of the qualified boss as sufficient. Its a technicality, but without 40 or 41, you can't actually do anything in a tree with a chainsaw.cs39 appears to just be a gateway ticket to getting 40 and 41.

Also, are there any tickets for using bigger bars than 15"? I've got The old 32, the boss has 32 and the old 33, all courses done with 15"bars

Have you a link to this info????

What action was taken?????