Nptc

Ian Leach

that's twaddle!

The pole qualification is for felling utility poles i e phone or electric.

Yeah I know its twaddle! Its what happenned though. A tree officer told him he wasn't qualified to fell the stem of a tree he had just removed all the limb off of!

Another example of how stupid the system is.

in that instance it was not the system that was stupid or was it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that's twaddle!

The pole qualification is for felling utility poles i e phone or electric.

Yeah I know its twaddle! Its what happenned though. A tree officer told him he wasn't qualified to fell the stem of a tree he had just removed all the limb off of!

Another example of how stupid the system is.

Or how stupid people are who choose not to read there legislation incorrectly?

I will support the system as without one we will be in a much poorer position, although it's failings are obvious.

Watching AxeMen on the telly has convinced me how good our system is.

If people (like the tree officer Rupe mentions) choose to be pig headed and ignorant, and not apply common sense, its not the fault of the system.

I would like to see a Combined 38 - 39 - 40 - 41 course with single assesment.

Time served for any trade now doesn't mean anything IMO, its all about if you have the right bit of paper. Which is a shame there are a lot of good people out there.

I know experience doesn't come in a week, you will be learning up until your dieing days in this job.

So what i can gather is cs39 is only for deadwooding and the odd limb removed, like I said trying to find other avenues council,highways etc etc. So will basic quals restrict me in my search.?

Is it harder for people with no quals but say 20 years experience get that type of work.?

How does one get insurance with no quals but experience? Surely they ask?

Questions, questions so many questions.

like i said any advice would be great

Ian

Bits of paper dont mean a thing and time served also doesnt mean a thing.

I've seen tree lads (loosly phrased) who have been in the game for 15+ years and still dont know how to do a proper job.

I've also seen lads who have had the miniumum amount of training (to get there NPTC) and you can tell that they have the enthusiasm skill and knowledge to be very competent tree surgeons.

Like everything it takes time to become a professional but you have to being doing it right from the start.

Watching AxeMen on the telly has convinced me how good our system is.

If people (like the tree officer Rupe mentions) choose to be pig headed and ignorant, and not apply common sense, its not the fault of the system.

I would like to see a Combined 38 - 39 - 40 - 41 course with single assesment.

:thumbup1: